Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
fantomlord
fantomlord began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
paperwhite content disappears

any time I transfer files (.mobi) to my paperwhite via the usb cord using windows explorer, 1 or 2 days later, all of my content disappears. if I look at my cloud content on the device, only a small portion of my books show up. have to do a factory reset to get all of my content to show up on the cloud again, but then have to download everything to the device again.
this is the second time it's happened...first time, Amazon replaced the device. didn't bother calling them this time.

Is this a common/known issue? Is there a way to avoid this happening?

fantomlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It sounds like you might have the content showing panel set to an option that you don't have anything stored under. You can choose 1.All Items 2.Books 3.Periodicals 4.Docs or 5. Active Content among things to show on the home screen. If you have it set to show All Items it will show everything (such as your collections) on the home screen of the device, but if you set it to show Active content and you don't have any active content then all you will see is a blank screen. For example all I have under Docs is 'my clippings' and if I didn't have that then the screen would be blank under that choice.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
fantomlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
It sounds like you might have the content showing panel set to an option that you don't have anything stored under. You can choose 1.All Items 2.Books 3.Periodicals 4.Docs or 5. Active Content among things to show on the home screen. If you have it set to show All Items it will show everything (such as your collections) on the home screen of the device, but if you set it to show Active content and you don't have any active content then all you will see is a blank screen. For example all I have under Docs is 'my clippings' and if I didn't have that then the screen would be blank under that choice.
I'll double check that, but I'm not sure that'll be the problem. it works fine, then everything is gone...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
fantomlord

oh, and it only seems to happen after I've transferred content from the PC. but not right away--seems to be a few days later.
worked fine for close to 2 weeks, then transferred content, worked fine for a few days, then everything was gone.