Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
System!c Extensions

Feature:
  • Run Grayed out installs manually
Thanks for this. What is a "grayed out install"? Is it a grayed out "update your kindle" in the Home/Settings menu or is it something else?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Thanks for this. What is a "grayed out install"? Is it a grayed out "update your kindle" in the Home/Settings menu or is it something else?
It is for when you transfer a .bin via SSH and the kindle hasn't (yet) picked it up as "ready to install"

The update stays grayed even though the file is present.

All it does it run this script:

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.ota startUpdate 1
I got tired of typing it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
hacks, k5 tools, kindle5, launcher add-ons, tools, xorg, xsetroot