Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
alibi174
alibi174 began at the beginning.

Device: none
New User with CSS Error

I am new to Calibre and am stuck on a series of errors that I'm getting, and how to fix them.

The errors are:
ERROR: CSS: Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 1.8rem [147:3: font-size]****[base.css]
ERROR: CSS: Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 1.2rem [156:3: font-size]****[base.css]
ERROR: CSS: Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 1.6rem [183:3: font-size]****[base.css]

I get the message along the lines of the following for each error "base.css (line: 147 column: 3)
Some reader programs are very finicky about CSS stylesheets and will ignore the whole sheet if there is an error. These errors can often be fixed automatically, however, automatic fixing will typically remove unrecognized items, instead of correcting them."

The options for fixing the errors automatically do not work. The errors all point to lines with almost nearly identical code that defines the font (example below).

#cover-page .cover-page-title p {
font-size: 1.8rem;
margin-top: 3em;
margin-bottom: 1em;

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
alibi174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibi174 View Post
I am new to Calibre and am stuck on a series of errors that I'm getting, and how to fix them.

The errors are:
ERROR: CSS: Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 1.8rem [147:3: font-size]****[base.css]
ERROR: CSS: Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 1.2rem [156:3: font-size]****[base.css]
ERROR: CSS: Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 1.6rem [183:3: font-size]****[base.css]

I get the message along the lines of the following for each error "base.css (line: 147 column: 3)
Some reader programs are very finicky about CSS stylesheets and will ignore the whole sheet if there is an error. These errors can often be fixed automatically, however, automatic fixing will typically remove unrecognized items, instead of correcting them."

The options for fixing the errors automatically do not work. The errors all point to lines with almost nearly identical code that defines the font (example below).

#cover-page .cover-page-title p {
font-size: 1.8rem;
margin-top: 3em;
margin-bottom: 1em;

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
Change the "rem" to em.

Code:
  font-size: 1.8em;
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
alibi174
alibi174 began at the beginning.

Device: none
That did the trick; thank you very much!
alibi174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, error, font, rem