Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 02:20 AM   #1
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Is bookeen still around?

Every year or so I check bookeen's website to see if there is a new firmware for my Muse Frontlight. Their blog, which usually contained most up to date info is closed with a message from the guy updating it that he went on to a new job.
In the company's website you cannot buy any ebook reader anymore, they are all unavailable. A couple of chargers and covers is all that is left.
Bookeen store seems to be operating as always (have never used it). Would be a pity. Still remember as yesterday when I bought my first ebook, a cybook gen 3. It is a device that really marked a change in me, going from paper to digital as far as my leisure reading is concerned.
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #2
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
The store now says that the supply on their site was "a victim of its own success" and points you to another French store for the time being.

I admit it would be nice if they put out a firmware update for the Muse HD. Mine drains more battery life when sleeping than the Muse ever did, which is an issue.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #3
ChrisHistorian76
Enthusiast
ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air & Kindle Oasis
Unfortunately, they're gone. The closed blog message is probably the most info you'll ever get too.

Icarus just ghosted everybody and went out of business in the last couple weeks with no warning. Their webpage, Facebook and Twitter accounts just suddenly disappeared, and the guy who headed the company is on to a new job according to his LinkedIn account. It's really weird how quickly e-reader companies disappear, and do so with zero notice to their customers.
ChrisHistorian76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #4
crAss
Connoisseur

A new message is posted in their website

"Technical Support

As of December 5, 2018, we inform you that the support (technical assistance, repair, replacement of parts) of e-readers will be exclusively ensured on the following models:*
Cybook Muse Light
Cybook Muse FrontLight 2
Cybook Muse HD
Saga
Go to technical support"

It's either going to be sold or closed forever...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They had a good run for their money, at least. I bought the original Cybook, which was a large and heavy touchscreen tablet running Windows CE, it must have been sometime in the early 1990s. It had two or three different reading apps installed, and if you enabled all the power-saving features you could squeeze about 2h reading time out of a battery charge .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:10 AM   #6
crAss
Connoisseur

It seems that they are back from the dead!
They got a new guy for social media and the website, so there are some news.
Moreover, they put the following message on top of their website.
"Victims of their own success, our e-readers are temporarily out of stock on Bookeen.com. We invite you to find them on E. LECLERC by clicking here."
So it seems they managed to stay alive this time!