Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-15-2018, 12:42 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In an ideal world

The Quick Reply box would only be present if one were looking at the last page
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:07 AM   #2
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:31 AM   #3
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Never thought of that... um.. appears logical.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:25 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
So you're saying it should become a "Quick-reply-to-the-very-latest-posts-in-this-thread-and-not-anything-else" box?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
So you're saying it should become a "Quick-reply-to-the-very-latest-posts-in-this-thread-and-not-anything-else" box?
Well, it does end up after the last message. But the quick reply box does include the ability to quote a portion of the message permitting it to be targeted at an earlier post, so that feature would not work well if it were only on the last page.

Of course the one problem is that there may also be more answers in the same thread which might have already solved the problem but it usually doesn't matter much.

I don't see a good way to make this work if it is only on the last page. Topic drift is real.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 09-15-2018 at 01:56 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not expecting a solution, I was just musing.

Rather than 'drifting topics', I had 'missing the boat' and 'ninja dodging' in mind

BR
Old 09-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Well, it does end up after the last message. But the quick reply box does include the ability to quote a portion of the message permitting it to be targeted at an earlier post, so that feature would not work well if it were only on the last page.

Of course the one problem is that there may also be more answers in the same thread which might have already solved the problem but it usually doesn't matter much.

I don't see a good way to make this work if it is only on the last page. Topic drift is real.

Dale
My point was that I don't see having the Quick Reply box only available on the last page as an improvement at all--let alone being "ideal." It would only take away someone's ability to use it properly/knowledgeably with nothing to show for its loss. One could (and many do) still hit the "Quote," or "New Reply" button and create a reply that was ignorant of the posts/pages that came after the one they're replying to.

Even if we could do it, I don't see how putting it only on the last page would save very many from themselves. It would be a subtraction with no gain. *shrug*

EDIT: I get that this wasn't really a real request for change, I just don't understand the reasoning behind why some would see it as a logical change.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-16-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Its absence would be an indication that you were not looking at the last page.

In an ideal world the there would be a Quick Reply on last page only checkbox in User Control Panel->Edit Options->Miscellaneous Options->Message Editor Interface that the imperfect could use to protect themselves from their own inadequacies

Maybe this thread should be moved to The Lounge.

BR
Old 09-17-2018, 05:12 AM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

In an ideal world the there would be a Quick Reply on last page only checkbox in User Control Panel->Edit Options->Miscellaneous Options->Message Editor Interface that the imperfect could use to protect themselves from their own inadequacies

Maybe this thread should be moved to The Lounge.

BR
How about in a second best world? Did you notice the [-] on the quick reply box?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I don't know ... it just seems kind of odd to me to change a feature that's useful on every page to what basically amounts to an "I'm on the last page of this thread" indicator. *shrug*