Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #1366
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1984 View Post
On 4.3.8842, Demo mode on and off resets the settings file. Since I was using demo mode for slideshow, Is it possible to disable this behavior?
I doubt they would do this. It is intended as a mode to run the devices in when they are in a store. Hence, it just sits there showing the slideshow. Any other use is not going to be supported.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #1367
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I doubt they would do this. It is intended as a mode to run the devices in when they are in a store. Hence, it just sits there showing the slideshow. Any other use is not going to be supported.
That's what I thought. An app for slideshows then?
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #1368
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's what I thought. An app for slideshows then?
Are you suggesting a supported slideshow function? If so, go ahead. But, I doubt you will see it. It's not exactly a core function for a reading device is it?
Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #1369
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you suggesting a supported slideshow function? If so, go ahead. But, I doubt you will see it. It's not exactly a core function for a reading device is it?
Not a standard feature, no. But it already can do it, just need a shortcut or app, something like that.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #1370
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not a standard feature, no. But it already can do it, just need a shortcut or app, something like that.
Which makes it a standard feature. And while it can already do it, there is still plenty of development to make it work the way you want. A simple thing is that the reason you brought this up. The current demo mode resets the configuration. Just adding a function to call that doesn't help. They need to call it in a different way to make sure there are no problems. And that means planning time, developer time, testing time, etc. And that's not just to add this, but to keep it working in the future.

I'm not trying to discourage people making suggestions. I'm just trying to make sure people realise the complexity. It's common for someone say, "just add an option". It's nowhere near as simple as that. Add in the fact they are getting these suggestions from many directions. They have to choose which to do. The will choose the ones that fits their current direction and, hopefully, benefits the most people. Or the loudest people. Unfortunately, the loudest people tend to be those in marketing. And as this is a family friendly environment, I won't give my opinion of how well marketing people guide product development.