Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #16
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
i have used e-books through Overdrive @ Leeds library and for both my kobo and p350 before hand i used ADE its just download the ascm file and drag to the ade library then drag to ereader.
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
It'd probably be a good idea to have a sticky thread in each devices forum with a guide on how to borrow library books. It's not always the most straight forward process, especially for someone new to e-reading.
The Wiki is the best place to put factual information like this, rather than a forum thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeling The Pain View Post
Wife in tears. First experiences with Kobo far from enjoyable. Successfully downloading library books seems to only happen by luck or blind perseverence. Books lost in the between spaces or "Oops" messages appear.

Definitely not plug n play, nor click and drag.

Our grandkids will laugh at us 20 years from now when we describe how complex e-readers used to be. Like trying to explain incandescent light bulbs.
See if this helps (I know it's from Toronto but should be applicable elsewhere too).

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/c...uchhandout.pdf
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borrowing, library books, overdrive