Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Nyxie
Nyxie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Purchasing ebooks in New Zealand

Hi

My name is Nyxie here and I was wondering where I could possibly buy ebooks for my eReader.

The catch is I'm from New Zealand. I can't access Amazon.

Where can I get them from, aside from Whitcoulls, ebooks, mebooks, and project gutenburg (badly butchered spelling of the website)

Cheers, Nyxix
Nyxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
whats wrong with whitcoulls? I have used them
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Try kobobooks as well
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Nyxie
Nyxie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Nothing is wrong with Whitcoulls, I just can't find anything to read there. Plus, they have a hinky classification system which means I can't find the SF I want to read. New SF, I mean. I just need more than one website to buy ebooks from.

I'll check out koboreads, then. Thanks!

Cheers, Nyxie
Nyxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:19 AM   #5
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxie View Post
Nothing is wrong with Whitcoulls, I just can't find anything to read there. Plus, they have a hinky classification system which means I can't find the SF I want to read. New SF, I mean. I just need more than one website to buy ebooks from.

I'll check out koboreads, then. Thanks!

Cheers, Nyxie
Kobobooks is the star at the moment for AU and I presume NZ Sony owners at the moment. The prices are cheaper than BordersAU/A&R/Whitcoulls and there is a 25%/30%/50% off coupon appearing quite regularly which work with any publishers except Hachette at the moment.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company, Nyxie. If you like, pop into the bookstore section of our own bookshop linked below and drop me a line of any two or three titles that catch your eye. I'd be happy to send them along with our compliments to help kick-start your virtual library. Best wishes. Neil ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign)
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote