Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-26-2021, 04:36 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
With Calibre, assuming a common sane for-Kobo setup, chances are you won't ever get Nickel to use the book's own metadata, @davidfor's excellent Kobo driver handles all of that for you straight from Calibre's own metadata, injecting all of it directly in Nickel's db .

(Which means the situation I explained above, where the on-device-book's OPF might be horribly (or slightly ;p) broken, would be silently fixed by the driver, as long as Nickel managed to import it in the first place).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-26-2021 at 04:39 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:18 PM   #17
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
With Calibre, assuming a common sane for-Kobo setup, chances are you won't ever get Nickel to use the book's own metadata, @davidfor's excellent Kobo driver handles all of that for you straight from Calibre's own metadata, injecting all of it directly in Nickel's db .

(Which means the situation I explained above, where the on-device-book's OPF might be horribly (or slightly ;p) broken, would be silently fixed by the driver, as long as Nickel managed to import it in the first place).

I don't understand how it works, all I know is that I sent a dozen or so books over using "Send to device" the same way I always do, and this one (and only this one) had that message in KOReader, while working fine in Nickel. I was very slightly curious at first, hence the initial post here, but now it's amusing that I'm at risk of having spent more time in this thread than it took me to read the book.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That was just to explain why the scrambled copy works, while your own on-device copy might very well have funky metadata (because calibre), which doesn't affect Nickel (because calibre) ^^.

That, or, Gremlins .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote