Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
somnolik
Technophile
somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
The fancy Monsterbag

My girlfriend made me this minibag as a christmas gift, and the little fella is as fluffy as he looks!
Now there are two things I still have to do:
  1. Fill it with an e-book reader
  2. Find a name for it

While I decided to continue lurking around mobileread for a few weeks before i get to point 1, I'd be thankful if you could help me with point 2.

PS: My girlfriend ROCKS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag_1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	42135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag_2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	42136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag_3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	42137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag_4.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	42138  
somnolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I agree...your girlfriend rocks and it looks like she's got a sense of humor. I love the zipper in the mouth.

A name? You describe him as "fluffy"...how about using that as a name? Fluffy the Straggled Toothed Ebook Eater!!

And here's an important question. What are you going to do if the device you pick is too large for your new furry friend?

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Great girlfriend!

P.S. I think you named it already, "Monsterbag".
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
How about Henry the Monsterbag? He looks like a Henry to me. Or is it a she? We need to know, if we have to name it.

It looks awesome, but you'll need a very small reader. Maybe an iPod? But it it won't fit, don't cry, I'm sure you can find another use for Henry
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
And here's an important question. What are you going to do if the device you pick is too large for your new furry friend?

Dreamer
He'll have to get a second one, of course.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
somnolik
Technophile
somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Oooh, Henry sounds nice! I'll call him (it seems to be a boy) by that name for a few days and see how he responds to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
When the initial excitement after unpacking had worn off a bit about half an hour later, I asked how big a reader my new monster friend could eat. The reply I got was:
'It should be able to swallow a 17cm device. But if it's too small i'll just make you another one!'
So I guess Henry will probably get a bigger baby sister or brother! Yay!
somnolik is offline   Reply With Quote