Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM   #5026
tempest@de
Addict
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Despite the highlight on the Binge Listening event, I still got the deal (I only cancelled 4 days ago). So if your membership is not active, give it a shot. Some folks on another board also contacted Customer Service and got the deal.
I'm tempted, I canceled my subscription a month ago and it looks I’m eligible, at least logging in it takes me to the deal page, and it says
Quote:
What do I get?
12 audiobook credits upfront.
1 credit is good for any book regardless of price.
Get 2 Audible Originals of your choice each month.
No commitments. Cancel anytime and keep all your audiobooks.

I don’t suppose they give you the 12 credits on the subscription, the credits certanly will roll around one each month, but can you confirm if you only got one credit please.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #5027
tch65721
Zealot
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I don’t suppose they give you the 12 credits on the subscription, the credits certanly will roll around one each month, but can you confirm if you only got one credit please.
This is my current deal and the give you all 12 credits upon joining. The membership duration is a year.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #5028
WestCactus
Enthusiast
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle pw3 and 4, Oasis 2, fire 8 & 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Despite the highlight on the Binge Listening event, I still got the deal (I only cancelled 4 days ago). So if your membership is not active, give it a shot. Some folks on another board also contacted Customer Service and got the deal.
I was out of credits from the same deal last year. Chatted and they renewed me at the $99 for 12 credits. Doesn’t hurt to ask.
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #5029
tempest@de
Addict
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
This is my current deal and the give you all 12 credits upon joining. The membership duration is a year.
Thank you, in that case I think I will take advantage of the offer.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #5030
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Daily Deals -- exp 19 Mar @ 11:59 PM PT
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #5031
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reminder -- Tantor Audio -- exp 31 Mar

Don't forget to download your books from Tantor before the end of the month. After 31 Mar, Tantor will shut down "My Bookshelf" and you'll no longer have access to your books.

Quote:
To Our Valued Tantor Customers,

As of January 18, 2019, Tantor will no longer sell digital downloads directly through tantor.com.

Please note we are continuing to produce all your favorite audiobooks and our products will still be available through major distributors such as Amazon, Audible, Google Play, iTunes, Audiobooks.com, and Kobo as well as through library distributors such as Hoopla, OverDrive, and RB Digital.

We ask that if you have previously purchased downloads on tantor.com that you download them to a personal device or computer as soon as you can. Any downloads located in My Bookshelf will remain accessible to you until 3/31/2019; after that time the My Bookshelf section will be removed from the site and the downloads will no longer be available.

If there are any questions about accessing downloads before they are removed please contact us directly at customerservice@tantor.com.

Thank you for your continued patronage over the years, we look forward to producing many more titles for you in the future.

Sincerely,
Your Tantor Audio Team
Old Today, 07:37 AM   #5032
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Mar @ 11:59 PM GMT

* Inner Engineering: A Yogi's Guide to Joy
Old Today, 07:48 AM   #5033
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 20 Mar @ 11:59 PM PT

* Eager: The Surprising, Secret Life of Beavers and Why They Matter
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #5034
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon -- Kindle Unlimited -- limited time offer
Quote:
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Enjoy 3 months of Kindle Unlimited FREE. Redemption instructions will be delivered via email after your order ships. No obligation to redeem. After 3 mos., subscription will auto-renew for $9.99 per month.
All-New Kindle Now With an Adjustable Front Light For Just $89.99
Quote:
Most affordable Kindle now includes a built-in adjustable front light so you can read comfortably in even more places, day or night

Refreshed design that’s thin and light so the all-new Kindle is easy to hold for hours of reading

Three months of Kindle Unlimited included for free so you can enjoy unlimited access to millions of eBooks and thousands of audiobooks—including titles like The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey

• Spoiler:
    Quote:
    SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 20, 2019-- (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today Amazon introduced the all-new Kindle, the first Kindle with a front light for under $100. Now you can adjust the display brightness to read comfortably in even more places—whether indoors at night or outside in the sun. The all-new Kindle also includes an updated design, the latest electronic ink technology for better contrast, and three months of Kindle Unlimited for free, a $30 value. With Kindle Unlimited, you can read as much as you’d like from a collection of millions of titles at no additional cost. The all-new Kindle comes in black or white for just $89.99 and is available for pre-order today at www.amazon.com/kindle.

“Customers consistently tell us how much they appreciate having a front light on Kindle devices so they can read in any environment—from a sunny patio to their bed at night,” said Kevin Keith, Vice President, Amazon Devices. “The team worked hard to bring this customer-favorite feature to our most affordable device, and we’re excited to introduce the all-new Kindle—the first Kindle under $100 with a built-in adjustable front light.”
Terms and Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Limited time offer.
    • Offer must be redeemed within 90 days of the date you receive the email informing you that you may activate your Kindle Unlimited offer.
    • You must purchase a Kindle (10th Generation) to qualify for this offer. Canceling or terminating your order may disqualify you from receiving the promotional offer.
    • Limit 1 redemption per Amazon customer account. If you purchase additional qualifying device(s) as gifts, you will receive an email with the offer and redemption instructions, which you may forward to your gift recipient to redeem.
    • Offer is only available to United States residents.
    • Use of Kindle Unlimited is subject to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use.
    • For existing monthly or free trial Kindle Unlimited subscribers who redeem this offer, automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the 3-month period and will automatically restart at its conclusion, unless you disable auto-renew during that 3-month period. For existing Kindle Unlimited subscribers who are on prepaid plan(s), the 3-month plan will start when your current prepaid plan(s) end, and automatic renewals will start at its conclusion unless you disable auto-renew during that 3-month period.
    • After the 3-month period, you authorize us to charge your credit card on file or another available payment method $9.99/month plus any applicable taxes until you cancel. You may cancel your subscription at any time by visiting www.amazon.com/kucentral and adjusting your settings.
    • If you cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription during the free 3-month period, a refund will not be issued.
    • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #5035
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Daily Deals -- exp 20 Mar @ 11:59 PM PT
[LIST][*]Audbl --> TBA -- Eager -- Ben Goldfarb --> NF biology
<snip>
12:24 Eastern Time, U.S.: Still no Eager (except at the usual price or 1 credit).

I am not eager to see this book, anyway. I'll save you the trouble of looking--this book is about beavers. Yes, beavers.

"All" that beavers are are big rats with flat tails, IMHO.

I stand by what I wrote a couple of months ago about how the quality of the Daily Deals at Audible seems to have diminished, and this is a prime example of it, IMHO. Does anyone else agree, or does anyone disagree? If I'm right, what might be the cause of it?
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #5036
EmilyK
EmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with othersEmilyK plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
12:24 Eastern Time, U.S.: Still no Eager (except at the usual price or 1 credit).

I am not eager to see this book, anyway. I'll save you the trouble of looking--this book is about beavers. Yes, beavers.

I stand by what I wrote a couple of months ago about how the quality of the Daily Deals at Audible seems to have diminished, and this is a prime example of it, IMHO. Does anyone else agree, or does anyone disagree? If I'm right, what might be the cause of it?
Too funny. This one appeals to me. I’m a mostly nonfiction reader.
EmilyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:09 PM   #5037
tch65721
Zealot
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Actually, when the daily deal became "members only" I thought the quality took a jump. If memory serves, I bought a handful in a short time but that quickly faded back into the daily crap pile. I haven't bought a daily deal in a long while.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #5038
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

I can't see the prices anymore since my free promo ended.

Ya know, one of those beavers is a boy and he had his own TV show back in the 50's

This book looks interesting. I wouldn't buy it, but I would check it out from the library. Beavers are good for the environment.
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #5039
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Help! The beaver lovers are attacking me (that's better than beavers themselves--those teeth can bring down trees!)!

In all seriousness, they are an important part of the ecosystem. Beavers kill trees, but they use the trees to make dams, which help them catch fish, helping keep the number of fish from running amuck. Beavers make . . . uh . . . let's say, "organic fertilizer," which helps nourish the ground so that the trees can grow better. Etc., etc. If Mother Nature (just an expression, I'm not a pantheist) is left alone, everything stays in balance, or if it is disturbed, returns back to balance eventually. Yeah, beavers are important. But, a whole book about them?

I realize that bringing up the book, and the resulting posts, probably will make more MobileReaders, and others, buy the silly book.

The quality of the Daily Deals may have taken a jump immediately after the change to "members only." I just don't remember.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; Today at 03:28 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote