Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
There's another thing that bothers me: when I hook up my keyboard, hitting page down button only moves the right column in two column landscape mode. Have I missed a setting that would move both columns?

ETA: OK, never mind, just checked again and now Mantano doesn't have that problem. I have to check my other readers now.

ETA2: My cold must be affecting me more than I thought: I have both Moon+ and Mantano open now and I'm obviously mixing up the two: it's Moon+ that doesn't scroll two columns correctly using a keyboard, and as for series, I suspect it would still have to be edited with calibre to add series info.

Last edited by citac; 04-24-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: medicine induced grogginess and brain freeze
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #32
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I believe you have to edit series information in calibre or some other program that can edit ebooks. I just checked it with my copy of Mantano; long press opens up a window with book information and it clearly shows a label called Series. The program itself can't edit the file.
Yeah I know mantano shows it but Moon+ doesn't I have all my books series tagged in Calibre and my Sony, Kobo Mini, Mantano, i2reader etc show it fine.

Moon however doesn't show the series or the book number which means it's probably a useless app to me as I pretty much solely just read big series books and if that's the case I'm amazed moon+ is popular.

Basicly I would want it shown in the list view so I can easily pick the next book to read I don't want to have to go and open calibre each time just to see what the next book should be.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Yeah I know mantano shows it but Moon+ doesn't I have all my books series tagged in Calibre and my Sony, Kobo Mini, Mantano, i2reader etc show it fine.

Moon however doesn't show the series or the book number which means it's probably a useless app to me as I pretty much solely just read big series books and if that's the case I'm amazed moon+ is popular.

Basicly I would want it shown in the list view so I can easily pick the next book to read I don't want to have to go and open calibre each time just to see what the next book should be.
I am certain there is a way for Moon+ tk do this and I'm sure I did it before,but am at work and did not bring my tablet w/me so can't tell right now. I intend to try tonight, because now I am curious as well. Sorry if I made this more confusing than it already is. d:
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #34
Lively
Lively began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Dual Boot
Good morning! I'm new to the forums - well posting at least. I've been a lurker/learner for some time now. I bought Moon+ last night to use on my dual boot Nook.

citac, I had similar problems when I was setting up my sisters files in Calibre. Her Nook did not like the native tags and would not comply with how I wanted her books to be ordered. My work around was to rename all the titles with the series, book number and then title. For example, Harry Potter Book 1: The Sorcerer's Stone. With *one* exception all the reader programs I have used have kept my title change and I've tried a bunch of programs.
Lively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #35
citac
Fanatic

Welcome Lively! I hope you found these forums useful and will write many more posts to come. As for Moon+ and series, I did some testing today. Personally, I always name my books by Author - Series # - Title, but not all people do; some prefer to edit that information in calibre, and they're perfectly within their rights to do so. I definitely agree that an ebook reader should recognize series information and/or offer means to edit it within the reader, so that's a minus for Moon+.

Here's what you see when you go to "My shelf" and long press on a book:

Add to my favorites, Edit book information, Remove ffrom my shelf, Delete book file, Add to home screen.

Choosing Edit book information, you get another window that enables you to change Book title, Book author, Description, and various Labels: Tags, and Favorite, where you can add a Category. As Teknikal noted too, there is indeed no way to edit series info unless you add it to the file name/title manually or in calibre. I thought there was, so I stand corrected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-27-19-03-23-1422546002.png
Views:	961
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	105038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-27-19-03-361749495487.png
Views:	881
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	105039  
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
citac
Fanatic

And I just discovered that pressing the Next track and Previous track on my keyboard works as Page down/Page up. It's a very small keyboard, without a number pad, but it has multimedia buttons on top. It's a brand I'd never heard of before I spotted it in an electronics store: Platoon, model PL-175, if anyone's interested.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #37
citac
Fanatic

A question regarding background: where would I find the backgrounds used in Moon+ if I wanted to edit them (lighten or darken)? There doesn't seem to be a backgrounds folder on my tablet's SD card.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #38
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I decided that I wanted my Android experience to reflect the integration with calibre that my Sony Readers had so I use Calibre Companion (CC) to manage my transfer of books from Calibre to Android and manage the launching and management of the books once on my Android device. I just hate doing imports for whatever book reader program I decide to try. I use CC to launch the book into whichever reading program I want. And the reading program I want for ePubs is Moon+ Reader Pro. See attached for CC series listing. The size of the fonts and icons is user configurable. I'm older so I like mine huge.

Quote:
This is partly correct. It does show the series and all books in that series will be shown in the proper order. But it does not show the book numbers. If you go to the drop down All Books and choose by tags the top items it shows you are series then lower down the icon changes and that is the list of tags. See attached.

Quote:
When you have selected a series the list view is in order. So if you finished a book simply go to the next one on the list. If you want to see the series number you can use metadata plugboards in calibre to format the title with the series info. This series info will be added on the fly as you send the books to the device.

As I previously stated though I use CC and all of that info is automatic and I no longer have to import books into reader apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreCompanion_series.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	105206   Click image for larger version

Name:	moonplus_series.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	105207  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-01-2013 at 04:31 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #39
citac
Fanatic

Has anyone ever expwrienced Moon+ just disappearing? I just tried to access it, and a message pops up saying the app isn't installed. What's up with that?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #40
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Has anyone ever expwrienced Moon+ just disappearing? I just tried to access it, and a message pops up saying the app isn't installed. What's up with that?
No, but it did happen to Feedly yesterday during an update.

It seems to me that the new Play store has the update button slightly above the Uninstall button. Previously there was more distance separating them. I'm guessing my fat finger accidentally pressed uninstall instead of update. Truthfully I wasn't paying close attention just going through the motions.

Maybe this is what happened to Moon+reader on your device. To prevent this from happening set Moon+Reader for auto update.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #41
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
What version of Android? I've had this happen on ICS (and below) if apps are in use during an automatic update. I've since turned off ALL automatic updates because at least one of my reading apps are in use at all times.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #42
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
What version of Android? I've had this happen on ICS (and below) if apps are in use during an automatic update. I've since turned off ALL automatic updates because at least one of my reading apps are in use at all times.
Jelly Bean, I think. I don't have autoupdates turned on, as I too always have a reader on. I'm not sure if I accidentally changed something or what.

Is Moon+ on SD card or tablet? Could the SD card be misbehaving?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #43
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
No, but it did happen to Feedly yesterday during an update.

It seems to me that the new Play store has the update button slightly above the Uninstall button. Previously there was more distance separating them. I'm guessing my fat finger accidentally pressed uninstall instead of update. Truthfully I wasn't paying close attention just going through the motions.

Maybe this is what happened to Moon+reader on your device. To prevent this from happening set Moon+Reader for auto update.
I still haven't got the new Play store, and I'm not a fan of auto updates, but if it happens again, I might try it to see if that would solve the problem. I usually have a reader on, so I don't like auto updating apps..
Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #44
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
I got myself a stylus for this very reason, hittling two buttons at once and couldn't see what button I was hitting because my hand was in the way

I found the stylus is much faster for typing too
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #45
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I know this is probably really stupid, but how do I get books to show up under "My Shelf", and not just on that little sliding "recently read" bar at the top?

Because I generally add books straight from dropbox, (open dropbox, click the book, select moon+, it opens the book) and it opens with the moon + app. But I'm trying to get a small selection of books in, and I'm noticing they are only showing up on that recent bar, but not on any shelves, and after so many book are added, older ones get bumped off.

What am I doing wrong here?
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote