Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Magic Matt
Magic Matt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle eReader 4
Kindle Fire 7 (7th Gen) no all install?

I can't help thinking Km I'm missing something...

The device is a Kindle Fire 7 (7th Gen) which is running Fire OS 5.4.0.0

I've been into the settings and under Security I've selected the option to enable apps from unknown locations. I've also tried enabling the developer options and enabling debugging over USB.

When I click on an apk file to install it,I get the confirmation screen listing permissions etc. with Cancel on the left, Install on the right. Install doesn't do anything. It's as if it's disabled. It just doesn't register a tap. Cancel does, and obviously cancels the installer.

What am I missing? Is there another step I need to do to enable installing apk files?
Magic Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It's a bug. You have to restart the tablet and try again. This time it will work.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
Magic Matt
Magic Matt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle eReader 4
That simple! Thank you!
Magic Matt is offline   Reply With Quote