Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #211
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I use two apps on my phone (Windows 10 Mobile). One is Audible (naturally), the other is Audiobook player. Also have that one on my Surface Pro 2.
Is this the app -- Audiobook Player?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #212
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Is this the app -- Audiobook Player?
That looks like it, yes. Been using it since my Lumia 920. I find it works very well (I don't have Windows Phone anymore, I also updated my Lumia 920 to Windows 10 Mobile, so no idea how it works on Windows Phone...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #213
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
That looks like it, yes. Been using it since my Lumia 920. I find it works very well (I don't have Windows Phone anymore, I also updated my Lumia 920 to Windows 10 Mobile, so no idea how it works on Windows Phone...)
Thanks - I might give it a try.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #214
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Got my first set of bluetooth headphones, using them with my Nokia 520, listening to an Audible book. So far it's been flawless. I'm a fan!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #215
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Got my first set of bluetooth headphones, using them with my Nokia 520, listening to an Audible book. So far it's been flawless. I'm a fan!
I tried Bluetooth headphones for when doing housework. I still have them. I don't use them because they make me ill. I can literally feel the waves or whatever they are. Hubby has same pair as me and feels nothing when using them. I'm sensitive I guess.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:28 AM   #216
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I tried Bluetooth headphones for when doing housework. I still have them. I don't use them because they make me ill. I can literally feel the waves or whatever they are. Hubby has same pair as me and feels nothing when using them. I'm sensitive I guess.

Sent from my XT1528
For housework, I can almost always find a corner, wall or cabinet from which my phone speakers can project adequately, unless I'm vacuuming. Gotta admit I'm skeptical about nausea from certain radio frequencies and/or EM fields, but your experience is your experience, and regardless if the physical symptoms are from actual interaction with the device or anxiety based on your thoughts about the device, it's rarely as easy as "mind over matter," or "mind over mind."
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:22 AM   #217
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why would I have anxiety about them? I never used bluetooth headphones before that. Didn't even understand how they worked till I kept getting ill with each use. My ears would get hot and pink and I would get a headache. It felt like when your head is getting a catscan but on a smaller scale.

I never got nauseated. I don't know where you got that idea. I said they made me ill and they do. I have used WiFi headphones without issues but Bluetooth I guess I'm sensitive.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 08-21-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:32 AM   #218
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I remember now why I stopped using my Clip Zip, The battery life is horrible. I have a couple audiobooks in WMV format and the Clips are the only device I have that plays them...So right in the middle of a book at the most important part it dies. *sigh*

My phones do not have this problem. I can get more than 8 hours out of listening.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-21-2017, 05:28 AM   #219
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
For housework, I can almost always find a corner, wall or cabinet from which my phone speakers can project adequately, unless I'm vacuuming.
I have a very nice bluetooth speaker which I use and can place anywhere. Phone speakers just never sound good to me (only in a pinch) and I really don't want to carry my phone with me at all times. So, I just place the phone on the bluetooth speaker and walk around. As the speaker is heavy and square and robust, I don't want to walk around with it ;P

The one advantage of that one: it has 4 speakers! (cube = 6 sides, one is the on/off switch, one is the location for the power cord, and the other 4 are speakers).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:55 AM   #220
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I remember now why I stopped using my Clip Zip, The battery life is horrible. I have a couple audiobooks in WMV format and the Clips are the only device I have that plays them...So right in the middle of a book at the most important part it dies. *sigh*

My phones do not have this problem. I can get more than 8 hours out of listening.

Sent from my XT1528
The Clip Sport or the AGPTek clips have much better battery life than the Zip--over 20 hours.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #221
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The Clip Sport or the AGPTek clips have much better battery life than the Zip--over 20 hours.
Do they do drm WMV though? It's pretty much an extinct format but Books on Board sold it for awhile. Even the Windows phone don't support this format.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #222
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do they do drm WMV though? It's pretty much an extinct format but Books on Board sold it for awhile. Even the Windows phone don't support this format.

Sent from my XT1528
Do you mean WMA? Unfortunately, they don't; they only play non-DRM WMA. Sorry.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #223
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Do you mean WMA? Unfortunately, they don't; they only play non-DRM WMA. Sorry.
Yes silly autocorrect. WMA. Had I known what a pain it would be I'd never had purchased them years ago.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #224
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes silly autocorrect. WMA. Had I known what a pain it would be I'd never had purchased them years ago.

Sent from my XT1528
You could probably find a freeware program to convert the files. Or SoundTaxi would do it ($20 and up).
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 AM   #225
brownsmith
brownsmith began at the beginning.

Device: reviews for musicians
listen to audiobooks list

Practically everything! I listen to audiobooks while driving, doing tasks around my home (grass/weeds/dishes/clothing) while at the same time showering, going to bed (on a 20 minute rest clock). I listen while doing humble assignments at work, ones that don't require perusing or composing). I listen to them at the supermarket, taking the canine for a stroll, at jury obligation (amid the holding up), while I look through Quora or Facebook. [Promotional link deleted- MODERATOR] I normal around 6 hours of listening for each day, more on ends of the week. Today is October 21 2017, and year to date I have listened to 73 audiobooks. I'm the most well perused individual I know!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-03-2017 at 09:46 AM.
brownsmith is offline   Reply With Quote