Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Bury Maplepop e-book reader app

I posted the following message on Dec 5, 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Haven't visited mobileread forums for a while. I'm really surprised to find out that this thread on MapleRead has been moved from Apple Devices forum to Marvin forum, as that MapleRead thread was started on Apple Devices forum in 2016, and has become the most frequently viewed thread on that forum.

What's the point of burying this thread on MapleRead app inside Marvin forum?
Why not moving it back to Apple Devices forum?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=623

Since then, 20 days have passed, and that popular thread (with 151,306 views) was still stuck there. Apparently, whoever (moderator or admin) did the burying do not want to explain for this unusual move, and just want to keep burying MapleRead app silently, under the forum dedicated to Marvin, one of its worthy but long-abandoned competitor. One can't help speculating the real motivation behind it.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I agree. I have been a member here since 2009 and I find this *silent* behaviour of burying a thread into a competitor's forum suspicious and inappropriate especially after no responses to your questions about it.

If the individual(s) who did this felt that the thread should be removed from the Apple forum (where it has resided for years without any issues), then they should have placed it in its own sub-forum.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Finally it has been returned to the proper forum.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote