Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-26-2022, 12:19 AM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
It's Christmas: Did anyone get or give an ereader?

I gave the better half a Clara 2E. It's a great little reader. Am I little jealous when comparing to my Clara HD? Just a bit, yes
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:53 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I was going to be giving my mother-in-law a PW5 for Christmas. But my wife decided it would be better to give it to her for her birthday in early January.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2022, 05:02 AM   #3
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I gifted my father a Libra 2 to take place of his old Kobo Glo (which I gifted him 10 years ago now)
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 05:02 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
That was last year.

This year I got a (third-party) SleepCover.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 05:08 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I gave my mother a Sage, although it was a while back and called an early Christmas present.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2022, 08:14 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I got a Kobo stylus for my Sage. Only I don't know yet who gave it to me, no note!

Very much enjoying the stylus so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 04:31 AM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
I gifted my father a Libra 2 to take place of his old Kobo Glo (which I gifted him 10 years ago now)
That's a hefty upgrade! I hope he's happy with it
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 05:26 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think I'll get a Clara 2E at my birthday (in 3 weeks )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:44 AM   #9
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Bought myself a Kindle Scribe, which I didn't wait on, but opened immediately upon arrival.

Really pleased w/ the hardware, and hopeful that the software will catch up presently, or that some 3rd party will make a device using this same screen, and ideally a Wacom digitizer which has pressure input.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #10
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
That's a hefty upgrade! I hope he's happy with it
He better be or I'm going to steal it away

Btw, I need to thank again Kovid and all people who contributed to Calibre and its plugins.
It took me no time to sideload all his books to the new device, to set up the collections (different from mine, despite handling it all on one calibre library) to upload a couple of custom fonts and to let him enjoy his new toy
Old 12-27-2022, 01:39 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I gave a couple of Clara 2E's (one replaces a Glo HD, the other went to a new to ereading relative).

One of the Clara 2E's was not set up before gifting since the person it was sent to is happily using calibre and was comfortable with registering the Clara 2E. The other was set up by me with a new Kobo account and some free books added. Hopefully, the new owner won't need much in the way of tech support.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 01:47 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
The screen is a little large for my taste, but the Libra 2 seems to be the overall best Kobo model available right now. You done good.
Old 12-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think I'll get a Clara 2E at my birthday (in 3 weeks )
I now have a Clara HD and 2E in my house and the jump from the Carta to the Carta 1200 was more noticeable than I figured it would be. The 1200 is a really nice screen.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:48 PM   #14
Lys
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The screen is a little large for my taste, but the Libra 2 seems to be the overall best Kobo model available right now. You done good.
It's funny because my first e-reader was a 5'', a Sony PRS300. When I switched to Kobo some years later, I debated with myself a lot because I couldn't imagine to ever wanting to read on a bigger screen (case in point: I got a Mini, first ). Skip ahead 10 years and now I feel the 7'' screen size and I are a match made in heaven (and I can honestly say that despite having a bunch of other ereaders around, I only use my Libra H2O no matter what)
Old 12-27-2022, 03:24 PM   #15
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I was given the latest gen Kindle Basic. Not something I would have purchased for myself, but it will work to replace my current travel reader. Surprisingly, the screen looks pretty good when I look at it away from my other readers. When I put it next to my Oasis 3, though, the basic looks somewhat...muddy, I guess. I haven't checked it next to any of the others yet. I'm not sure if I will...it doesn't need to be perfect. It was a gift, and I love the person who gave it to me, so that's all that matters

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote