Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #1
papindalo
papindalo began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA
Cool Sauvegarde/Restauration

Bonjour /Bonsoir à tous,

Après un restauration complète de ma bibliothèque (A partir d'une sauvegarde effectuée par copier/coller ), je me retrouve certes avec tous mes fichiers E books, mais qui me renvoient le message à l'ouverture "Le fichier n'a pas de format disponible" Lorsque j'examine les fichiers dans leur repertoire,
Je constate que les fichiers Epub n'existent plus et que seuls demeurent les fichiers OPF.
Merci de m'éclairer sur ce qui a bien pu se passer

Last edited by papindalo; 11-30-2022 at 05:24 PM.
papindalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Google Translated
Hello / Good evening everyone,

After a complete restoration of my library (From a backup made by copy/paste), I certainly find myself with all my E books files, but which send me back the message when opening "The file has no format available" When I examine the files in their directory,
I note that the Epub files no longer exist and that only the OPF files appear.
Please let me know what could have happened.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2022, 10:06 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the files are not present then your restoration didnt work. Try restoring again.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
papindalo

Sauvrgarde/Restauration avec perte de fichiers

Bonsoir kovidgoyal et merci pour ta réponse
En fait, je pense que mon problème ne vient pas de la restauration, mais plutôt d'une sauvegarde antérieure "Ratée" (pas de fichiers Epub, seulement des OPF)
Dès lors, j'aimerais connaître la méthode pour une sauvegarde de la bibliothèque, sans perte des fichiers Epubs
Merci d'avance

Google translated
Hello kovidgoyal and thank you for your answer.
Actually, I think my problem is not with the restore, but rather with an earlier "Failed" backup (no Epub files, only OPFs)
Therefore, I would like to know the method for a backup of the library, without loss of Epubs files
Thanks in advance

Last edited by theducks; 12-01-2022 at 02:09 PM. Reason: translated
Old 12-01-2022, 04:27 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See ==>> How do I backup calibre?

Many calibre users use tools such as rsynch, Free File Sync, Goodsynch etc, see ==>> Comparison of file synchronization software - Wikipedia

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2022, 10:36 AM   #6
papindalo

Bonjour Betterred,

Merci pour ta réponse
Tu me renvoies vers l'aide Calibre que j'ai déja consultée. Le paragraphe sur la sauvegarde est un peu court et pas spécialement clair
La sauvegarde par copier /collier du répertoire de Calibre m'a déja valu quelques déboires (Voir mon post précédent).
En une autre occasion de sauvegarde restauration, j'ai perdu une colonnes importante de ma structure calibre. Il s'agissait d'une colonne de type texte, que j'avais créée et où je mentionnais tous mes avis et commentaires aprè lecture. De fait, 250 commentaires perdus, donc grosse perte
J'aimerais donc savoir si la méthode Import/export permet d'éviter ce genre de désagrèment.
Merci d'avance

Thank you for your answer

You refer me to the Caliber help that I have already consulted. The backup paragraph is a bit short and not particularly clear

The backup by copy / collar of the Caliber directory has already given me some setbacks (See my previous post).

On another backup-restore occasion, I lost an important column from my caliber structure. It was a text type column, which I had created and where I mentioned all my opinions and comments after reading. In fact, 250 comments lost, so big loss

I would therefore like to know if the Import/export method makes it possible to avoid this kind of inconvenience.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-05-2022 at 06:52 PM. Reason: translation added
Old 12-05-2022, 01:39 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This is primarily an English Language group. Please post the translation as a courtesy. (I have done it for you a few times. No more)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Quote:
Originally Posted by papindalo View Post
Bonjour Betterred,

Merci pour ta réponse
Tu me renvoies vers l'aide Calibre que j'ai déja consultée. Le paragraphe sur la sauvegarde est un peu court et pas spécialement clair
La sauvegarde par copier /collier du répertoire de Calibre m'a déja valu quelques déboires (Voir mon post précédent).
En une autre occasion de sauvegarde restauration, j'ai perdu une colonnes importante de ma structure calibre. Il s'agissait d'une colonne de type texte, que j'avais créée et où je mentionnais tous mes avis et commentaires aprè lecture. De fait, 250 commentaires perdus, donc grosse perte
J'aimerais donc savoir si la méthode Import/export permet d'éviter ce genre de désagrèment.
Merci d'avance

Thank you for your answer

You refer me to the Caliber help that I have already consulted. The backup paragraph is a bit short and not particularly clear

The backup by copy / collar of the Caliber directory has already given me some setbacks (See my previous post).

On another backup-restore occasion, I lost an important column from my caliber structure. It was a text type column, which I had created and where I mentioned all my opinions and comments after reading. In fact, 250 comments lost, so big loss

I would therefore like to know if the Import/export method makes it possible to avoid this kind of inconvenience.

Thanks in advance
I don't (and wouldn't) use the export/import feature as a backup/restore tool for the following reasons:
  • when I installed calibre in 2012 the export/import feature didn't exist;
  • its design objective is to move calibre data between computers rather than backup/restore, see this FAQ;
  • it exports entire libraries every time its used, which discourages frequent backups;
  • there is no provision for restoring an individual format file, book or author
  • when I installed calibre in 2012 I was already using GoodSynch as my data backup/restore tool, I saw no reason not to include the calibre libraries and configuration alongside my images, music, tax returns etc.

Over the past decade I have never had a need to restore an entire library, I have restored a few format files, or an occasional book. And always because of my own mistake.

BR
Old 12-06-2022, 01:07 PM   #9
papindalo

merci Better Red pour ces précisions,

Je suis surpris d'apprendre que tu ne fais jamais de sauvegarde complète de la Bibliothèque.
Pour ma part, je sauvegarde chaque mois le répertoire entier des Fichiers Calibre sur un DD externe.
On est jamais trop prudent non ?
Old 12-06-2022, 06:09 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I did not say I never do a 'full Library backup' - I said I have never had to 'restore an entire library'.

Folder and file sync tools (such as Goodsync, rsync etc) can maintain a full copy of a collection (such as a calibre library), without the overhead of copying the entire collection every time. They do a full copy of the collection once, after which they replicate additions, replacements, and deletions to the collection in the copy.

Added: Because I use a folder/file sync tool I can 'backup' ALL my data to USB drives every day, which only takes a few minutes because it only copies what's changed.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-06-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Tags
perte de fichiers, restauration