Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #3466
MartinezzzLV
MartinezzzLV began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hey NiLuGe, I've seen a new patch note on koreader page:

Kobo: Flag all the boards similar to the Libra 2 as unreliable (Clara 2E & Nia)
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9691

Does it mean that you have implemented a few tweaks for stability or does Libra 2 and all other devices sharing the same kernel become partially supportable and you guys decided to give up on them?
MartinezzzLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:12 AM   #3467
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No changes on the Libra 2, no, that change was aimed at the Clara 2E.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #3468
MartinezzzLV
MartinezzzLV began at the beginning.

Gotcha, thanks! Hopefully, Kobo devs release the stable firmware someday lol
MartinezzzLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM   #3469
agile76
agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo Libra 2 - Invert page turn buttons

I've searched how to do this without luck.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to invert the page turns buttons, like in Nickel stock using Koreader on my Libra 2?

I'm running the latest stable version of Koreader (version 2022. 11).

It would be great to have an option to make both pages turn buttons go forward, however I don't think this is currently a standard setting in Koreader.

Many thanks.
agile76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:44 PM   #3470
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check in [Gear] > Page turns > while inside a document.

And see the wiki for how to remap keys.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:42 PM   #3471
agile76
agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Check in [Gear] > Page turns > while inside a document.

And see the wiki for how to remap keys.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see the option once but couldn't find it again. I've found it now and my short term solution is to put the invert button option as a gesture.

Thanks for all the work you put into this fantastic software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agile76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 04:25 PM   #3472
ilovedigitalbook
ilovedigitalbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Hello! I am a new user here and I would like to point out some problems I encounter using KOReader on my Clara 2E. Here I talk about my problem. Any help would be awesome.
ilovedigitalbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 02:22 PM   #3473
nhatkhoa102
nhatkhoa102 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara was suspend after updated

Hi, I have a trouble with my Kobo Clara.

After updated my Clara through "Update option" in Menu of Koreader (Koreader version 2022 maybe, don't remember Nickel fw), my Clara doesn't work any more and shows the death screen below.
What could i do now, please show me the way. Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57c9de483402e85cb113.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	200656   Click image for larger version

Name:	7f31f8b012facea497eb.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	200657   Click image for larger version

Name:	75ec8f67652db973e03c.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	200658  
nhatkhoa102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:33 AM   #3474
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That looks like the stock recovery screen, and we have absolutely no way to trip that ourselves.

I'm guessing you forced a shutdown *during* the KOReader restart? (Which in itself is perfectly harmless, mind you).

In any case, if the recovery process doesn't actually do anything, it's probably dead storage. IIRC, the Clara has an internal SD card, so you *could* swap it yourself (get a new card and ask for an image in the proper thread in the Kobo dev forum). But, if you can, just RMA it.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:03 PM   #3475
nhatkhoa102
nhatkhoa102 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for respond.
That's right, I pressed the Power button while it was on the Update Successful screen, but it's because the screen didn't change for a long time (i waited for it about 20 minutes but nothing happened- meanwhile my Libra's updated at the same time and done long before). Maybe my Clara gets slow.
Ok, so maybe my card got damaged? No hope with ebooks inside it?
By the way, what is RMA, Reset Manual?
Thanks for your support
nhatkhoa102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:48 AM   #3476
token_01
token_01 began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Is there a way to get KOreader to show the files from within the author folders without having to dump all the files out of their author folders and into one general book folder?

Last edited by token_01; 03-29-2023 at 12:28 PM.
token_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:17 AM   #3477
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhatkhoa102 View Post
By the way, what is RMA, Reset Manual?
It's a process for returning broken goods to merchant. It might be that your device is physically broken.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:52 PM   #3478
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by token_01 View Post
Is there a way to get KOreader to show the files from within the author folders without having to dump all the files out of their author folders and into one general book folder?
Does. not. compute. ;o).

Snark aside, could you clarify that (preferably with actual examples of what your directory structure looks like)?
Old 03-31-2023, 08:57 AM   #3479
token_01

This application crashed/froze when changing the screen warmth.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:29 AM   #3480
token_01

delete.

Last edited by token_01; 03-31-2023 at 09:31 AM.