Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
LAPIII
LAPIII began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Why are some of my ebooks be miscategorized

I have my ebooks listed alphabetically, but some ebooks aren't in the order that they should. I checked those ebooks metadata and the only have the Title, Series, Title Sort, and Tag.
LAPIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe post a screenshot showing what you are seeing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Maybe post a screenshot showing what you are seeing

@Advice Pro - how are you sorting the book list?

If you sort by Title the Title Sort column is used, by default it will have article words (A, An, The) last -- so, 'A Yellow Book' will sort as 'Yellow Book, A', and 'The Blue Book' will sort as 'Blue Book, The'.

If you sort by Author the Author Sort column is used, by default it will have last name first and given names last -- so, 'Zoe Caldwell' will sort as 'Caldwell, Zoe', and 'Andrew Harding' will sort as 'Harding, Andrew'.

There are settings in Preferences->Tweaks to vary the formation of the Title Sort and Author Sort columns.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote