Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #31
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Thank you, that's promising. I do use the standalone program and also ADE 2.0.1, so will likely hold off on updating until there's confirmation both (especially ADE) work in Mojave.
ADE 2.0.67275 works just fine in Mojave and Calibre with Alf tools, just tried it now
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:09 AM   #32
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
ADE 2.0.67275 works just fine in Mojave and Calibre with Alf tools, just tried it now
Yay! and Thank You!

But how did you get 2.0.67275? The latest version of 2.x I can find is 2.0.1.78765.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2018, 06:05 AM   #33
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Yay! and Thank You!

But how did you get 2.0.67275? The latest version of 2.x I can find is 2.0.1.78765.
I seriously have no recollection, but it is 2.0.67275.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:54 AM   #34
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Visual Studio Code is free (for macOS, Windows, and Linux) and has a rich ecosystem of extensions. I ‘barely’ use BBEdit any more.
I use XCode for actual development. BBEdit is used as a generic text editor.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #35
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Were you able to find the location of the book files in Mojave? Does it still work the same as the previous version - High Sierra? I had the location below for ibook files:

MacBook Pro
MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

/Users/Name/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2018, 11:00 AM   #36
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
Were you able to find the location of the book files in Mojave? Does it still work the same as the previous version - High Sierra? I had the location below for ibook files:

MacBook Pro
MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

/Users/Name/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

Inukami
Yes, the books are in the same location. The only new addition to Books app on Mojave is the ability to add a book to multiple collections.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #37
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimapourkarimi View Post
Yes, the books are in the same location. The only new addition to Books app on Mojave is the ability to add a book to multiple collections.
Thanks for that confirmation.

Is the book interface on Mojave the same as on iOS 12? Or it is the same and just with the addition you mentioned above?

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #38
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
Thanks for that confirmation.

Is the book interface on Mojave the same as on iOS 12? Or it is the same and just with the addition you mentioned above?

Inukami
It's the same as old iBooks on High Sierra.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:40 AM   #39
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's the same as old iBooks on High Sierra.
There are some differences, but the major differences deal with the book store. The books interface on the mac is very different that the books interface on iOS. I'm a bit surprised by that, but then again, I'm still wondering why audiobooks are in books on the iOS devices and not on the MacOS devices.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #40
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
There are some differences, but the major differences deal with the book store. The books interface on the mac is very different that the books interface on iOS. I'm a bit surprised by that, but then again, I'm still wondering why audiobooks are in books on the iOS devices and not on the MacOS devices.
Yes it's very inconvenient and I just can't understand the logic.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #41
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes it's very inconvenient and I just can't understand the logic.
I suspect the basic logic is that they only support audiobooks that you purchased from Apple in the cloud. I assume there are legal issues with copying audible audiobooks to the cloud, plus Apple wants you to buy from Apple. I think it would have made more sense to leave audiobooks in iTunes, but I think they were trying to move everything out of iTunes and books was the first thing. On iOS, you know have Music, Movies/TV Shows, Podcasts and books/audiobooks in different apps. On the Mac, books is the only thing that's been moved out of iTunes.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #42
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
On iOS, you know have Music, Movies/TV Shows, Podcasts and books/audiobooks in different apps. On the Mac, books is the only thing that's been moved out of iTunes.
Yes, it's quite inconsistent...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #43
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

There appears to be some power management issues with the latest iOS. There are a number of reports of iDevices not charging (I've run into this with my iPad Pro) if asleep and battery life going down. I suspect the later is due to certain ill behaved programs going off into la-la land. I've noticed Apple's podcast program starting to become unresponsive at times.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #44
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
There appears to be some power management issues with the latest iOS. There are a number of reports of iDevices not charging (I've run into this with my iPad Pro) if asleep and battery life going down. I suspect the later is due to certain ill behaved programs going off into la-la land. I've noticed Apple's podcast program starting to become unresponsive at times.
Thankfully I'm not having any charging issues with my iPhone 7, iPad Mini 2, or iPad Pro 9.7, but neither device is capable of the wireless charging so I have to plug them in. I know Apple is having issues with the wireless charging. All my devices seem to drain the battery at least as fast as they did in iOS 11.x.x. I think the battery drain is worse in iOS 12, but that is just a feeling and not based on any hard facts. Siri is disabled on both devices. I also have WiFi Calling enabled so WiFi is used most of the time rather than cellular for the few calls I make. BTW, the iPad Mini 2 is painfully slow running iOS 12, as it was with iOS 11. I was hoping for some improvement I don't think it was much if any.

Personally I wish they would forget about adding more BS like emoji and fix the bugs and inconsistencies that are numerous and annoying between various devices. And for bleeping out loud, fix Messages so that all devices sync update the conversation lists (including Macs) when you delete them from any device. Little things like that really show why I don't have any faith in Apple's ability to program any more. And also they need to fix the News app on my iPad Pro so that it just simply works! When you swipe right you should get a list of current news articles, and so I do on my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 2, but it often doesn't show any articles on my iPad Pro. Again, that is a minor annoyance, and yet it should be an easy fix, but they seem unable to fix it...

Last edited by OtinG; 10-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #45
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Thankfully I'm not having any charging issues with my iPhone 7, iPad Mini 2, or iPad Pro 9.7, but neither device is capable of the wireless charging so I have to plug them in. I know Apple is having issues with the wireless charging. All my devices seem to drain the battery at least as fast as they did in iOS 11.x.x. I think the battery drain is worse in iOS 12, but that is just a feeling and not based on any hard facts. Siri is disabled on both devices. I also have WiFi Calling enabled so WiFi is used most of the time rather than cellular for the few calls I make. BTW, the iPad Mini 2 is painfully slow running iOS 12, as it was with iOS 11. I was hoping for some improvement I don't think it was much if any.

Personally I wish they would forget about adding more BS like emoji and fix the bugs and inconsistencies that are numerous and annoying between various devices. And for bleeping out loud, fix Messages so that all devices sync update the conversation lists (including Macs) when you delete them from any device. Little things like that really show why I don't have any faith in Apple's ability to program any more. And also they need to fix the News app on my iPad Pro so that it just simply works! When you swipe right you should get a list of current news articles, and so I do on my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 2, but it often doesn't show any articles on my iPad Pro. Again, that is a minor annoyance, and yet it should be an easy fix, but they seem unable to fix it...
Well, fixing bugs isn't sexy or cool. I generally like Apple, but there are certain aspects about Apple that I'm not fond of. Of course, all companies have things they could do better. Apple is usually pretty good about fixing stuff that appears in the news like this charging issue (it's not even wireless charging, but regular wired charging), so I'm sure they will come out with a bug fix in the next couple of weeks. They usually do within the first couple weeks of a new release.