Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
Question Ebookwise Librarian-view imp files

I've seen on some threads how to convert res files to imp using the tool from REB 1200 users group.It works fine for me but I can't view them in librarian,I get a message saying Unable to open softbook edition (errno=-2147483609).Could this have anything to do with the fact that they were downloaded in a secure format from Ebookwise?I was hoping to be able to take books I had purchased and view them on my pc in addition to reading them on my 1150.I would appreciate any feedback on this issue.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonteku View Post
I've seen on some threads how to convert res files to imp using the tool from REB 1200 users group.It works fine for me but I can't view them in librarian,I get a message saying Unable to open softbook edition (errno=-2147483609).Could this have anything to do with the fact that they were downloaded in a secure format from Ebookwise?I was hoping to be able to take books I had purchased and view them on my pc in addition to reading them on my 1150.I would appreciate any feedback on this issue.
YES, it could be that they are indeed secure and thus only readable on the ebook device purchased for.

Otherwise, if not secure, the resulting .imp should be fine. The viewer used by GEBLibrarian / eBookwise Librarian uses an older PubUtil21.dll / PubX.dll combination. You may try, (re-)installing eBook Publisher and using its viewer instead.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
Thanks,I tried Ebook publisher but had no luck with it either.I really don't read books on my pc but just thought I would try it as a learning experience.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote