Calibre 0.7.13
W XP SP2
Firefox 3.6.8
Android phone: HTC ERIS
Android OS: 2.1
ebook readers: Aldiko, Laputa, Tulip
Eris is set up as a disk drive
I've tried disabling AV, etc. with no difference

An ebook can "manually" be moved from the PC to the correct folder in the Android's SD card, and Aldiko (for one) can find and read it on the device. Also, I can load an ebook into Calibre, and it can be read there.

HOWEVER, when I right-click on the ebook and try to send it to my device, the SEND TO STORAGE CARD A (etc.) options are grayed out. I cannot find a way to get the book onto the phone's microSD card, and into my Library.

Preferences > Advanced > Debugging device detection, I see a lot of "looking for" including Android, but no finding. The phone is a disk drive that CAN be accessed as such, so connectivity is ok.

??

Last edited by notaguru; 08-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
notaguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Speaking of Android, could the driver be changed to allow selecting mobi (in addition to the current epub and pdf options) as an available format?
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
not until I add support for having certain formats turned off by default
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Speaking of Android, could the driver be changed to allow selecting mobi (in addition to the current epub and pdf options) as an available format?
not until I add support for having certain formats turned off by default
@bwaldron - Until a time comes when formats can be turned off by default you can always connect to your device using the connect to folder feature and send mobi files to it using that feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
@bwaldron - Until a time comes when formats can be turned off by default you can always connect to your device using the connect to folder feature and send mobi files to it using that feature.
Thanks for the reminder. Having used Calibre for so long, I had forgotten about that feature. That will do what I need (allow me to customize the formats sent and the file naming via the plugin options).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote