Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
My own PRS 505 cover, cover

No, not a misprint, I decided to make a brightly colored cover for my PRS-505 cover. So picked up some pretty fabric and made a slip cover. I wanted to have something brightly colored so I can easily find where I last laid the reader down at. I found that the brown cover was not only BORING but blended in with my end tables etc. This is just a first attempt, I already have ideas on how to improve it, but wanted to share this little project with you.

MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
It looks gorgeous! I bought something similar on etsy:

I can't sew at all, so I just buy the stuff
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Thanks Lilac, I really like your cover too! Very cool. The material I chose is pretty silky so hard to get really straight seams but hey, it's just for me so I can live with it!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
maggie*
PRS addicted...
maggie* began at the beginning.

They both look great, I've been thinking of making something similar... It's true that the brown cover is sooo boring...
But I was wondering, doesn't the fabric reduce the attacment of the magnetic pints in the corners?
maggie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie* View Post
They both look great, I've been thinking of making something similar... It's true that the brown cover is sooo boring...
But I was wondering, doesn't the fabric reduce the attacment of the magnetic pints in the corners?
On mine, a little. There's extra padding on mine too.
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
MsAstoria
Evangelist

Same here. But it is so pretty and very feminine. I have some other fabric that has a blue background with bamboo leaves.
I finally got my Mighty Brite light and love it! With the blue white lighting from the leds, it really makes the lettering stand out and much easier to read. Nice!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Both covers look very nice. I need to think about something like this. I have the light wedge cover, and it only comes in black leather. Blah!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Both covers look very nice. I need to think about something like this. I have the light wedge cover, and it only comes in black leather. Blah!
Come to the dark side....
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
tcjuice
tcjuice began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
I think both covers are very pretty, and I am searching for a cover for my reader. I can't sew, so I will have to purchase one (preferably, non leather). I would like a pretty, feminine cover that is personalized.
tcjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjuice View Post
I think both covers are very pretty, and I am searching for a cover for my reader. I can't sew, so I will have to purchase one (preferably, non leather). I would like a pretty, feminine cover that is personalized.
I would ask the designer that made mine if you have something specific in mind. That's the great thing about etsy.

Link:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...type=tag_title
Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #11
tcjuice
tcjuice began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Thanx for the link!
tcjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I would ask the designer that made mine if you have something specific in mind. That's the great thing about etsy.

Link:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...type=tag_title
They are beautiful and affordable. That's the lowest price I've seen for any ebook reader cover!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
They are beautiful and affordable. That's the lowest price I've seen for any ebook reader cover!
I hope you like it if you buy one
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
sammsmom
Enthusiast
sammsmom doesn't littersammsmom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Did you create a pattern for the cover or did you just measure and go from there?
sammsmom is offline   Reply With Quote