Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-14-2004, 05:19 AM   #1
Nightman0040
Nightman0040 began at the beginning.

Device: Zire 72
Hi

Hi there,

I the newest ( ) in this forum. I'm from Romania.
I have a Zire 72 , and now I search for software for make my PDA a good companion.
So , I found this forum, which seems to be a good one.
I search for software to create ebooks ( or something like this ) for my use ( professional ) and ( if works , for others ), and read this.

Which are the best ?
I found till now : iSilo, eReader, TomeRaider.

Thanks
Nightman0040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:51 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome Nightman!

I like iSilo myself for extracting from web content, or text like in the Gutenburg books available for free on line. It's also my favorite reader for palm docs.

For purchased content I like to use eReader.

Docs to go is good for things like MS Office docs.

Repligo is supposed to be good for pdf, but I haven't used it.

You'll find some more good info about readers people are using if you do some searches of the forums!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
iSilo is great, but there are those of us who prefer Plucker!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:31 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Welcome Nightman! You'll find many resources here to help you with your ebook issues and requirements. Almost everyone here is an isilo fan, and it is a fine product, whether you're a Palm or PPC user. Plucker is a very nice freeware alternative for Palm users, and has matured into a polished product over the last couple of years.

If your documents are heavy on formatting (word docs, pdf files, etc) Repligo is a great reader. It keeps all page formatting, images, etc, and can reflow document text for viewing on a PDA very well. I'm a registered user of Repligo, and totally satisfied.

I've never used Tomeraider, so I can't comment on that one.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Nightman. My technical partner (now in Canada) is also from Romania. They breed some pretty good chaps there. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
HOWDY NIGHTMAN!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote