Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Just curious: Could Last Modified also populate a column with which column was last modified? I'm not sure how this would work for editing multiple fields in the dialog rather than using the book list though.
One way to do that would be to use a tags-like column of items with identifier syntax. Something like "col1:date, col2:date, ...". Updating a column would add/replace the item. You would end up with a list of columns with the last mod time of each.

I have no idea if something like that fits into the architecture of this plugin. Also, the fact that datetime values have colons in them might create interesting problems.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #32
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The plugin current design does not allow for this. Maybe I will revisit this sometime in the future, taking into account chaley's suggestion.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2022, 04:25 AM   #33
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 0.8.0

Changes for the upcoming PyQt6.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:04 PM   #34
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
PSA: If you exclude a series-like column, you'll also want to exclude the #serieslike_index.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #35
bilbags
bilbags began at the beginning.

Unable to configure

Installed the plugin, restarted, and when I go to configure it, I cannot do anything in the Date Column. There is a drop-down arrow at the end of it, which does nothing. Not sure what I am doing wrong!

I'm running the latest version of Calibre.
bilbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2022, 06:48 PM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbags View Post
Installed the plugin, restarted, and when I go to configure it, I cannot do anything in the Date Column. There is a drop-down arrow at the end of it, which does nothing. Not sure what I am doing wrong!

I'm running the latest version of Calibre.
You need to add a Date custom column e.g.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-17 084526.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	193274

Which isn't obvious from the instructions in the first post.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:22 PM   #37
bilbags
bilbags began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Attachment 193274

BR
Thank you so much, BetterRed! I assumed I needed some sort of custom column, but couldn't figure it out. Got it working now, thanks to you!
bilbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:53 AM   #38
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Attachment 193274

BR
Note added to the first post.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:19 AM   #39
capink
Wizard

Version 0.8.4

Version 0.8.4
  • Update: update to calibre6 icon themes. Code borrowed from @JimmXinu.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:16 PM   #40
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Hi @capink,

Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Whenever I apply changes to existing custom columns in Calibre - even minor modifications like "Column Heading" -, my custom Last Modified date, for all books, gets reset to the timestamp of this change.

Is there a way to prevent this?
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 10:28 PM   #41
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I installed this, my goal was to have it update a timestamp for a yes/no column, which adds a title to 'Favorites', adding a star icon as emblem in cover grid. So I have #favdate.

A while later I've tried to settle down with a #m = Last modified column which gets updated in any event listed on the PI checkboxes, but I wasn't expecting the above issue. Maybe it's just a matter of adding some exception, but I can't figure out how...
Old 09-29-2023, 05:51 AM   #42
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Hi @capink,

Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Whenever I apply changes to existing custom columns in Calibre - even minor modifications like "Column Heading" -, my custom Last Modified date, for all books, gets reset to the timestamp of this change.

Is there a way to prevent this?
I tried doing this on my system and it did not change anything. Maybe different calibre versions leading to different results.

Anyway, here is what I think is happening: When you change a column heading calibre will change it's own "last_modified" date field for all books to update the cache for composite columns, which will trigger the "Last Modified" plugin to change the custom column date for all books.

Try excluding "last_modified" in the plugin options, and see whether this makes a difference. If this turns out to be the culprit, I will modify the plugin to automatically exclude last_modified.

Strange that it took so long for this bug to surface. Either the plugin or the "update on all columns" option are not extensively used. I only use myself with the include/exclude options.

Edit: A new version is released to fix this bug. Should be available in Calibre in an hour or so, or alternatively can be downloaded from the first post and installed manually.

Last edited by capink; 09-29-2023 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2023, 02:48 PM   #43
Comfy.n

Hi @capink, thank you for looking but I think I had a little PEBKAC, though. I hope I can clarify what happened:

Even though I had appreciated BetterRed column-heading naming approach (Last Action), as it avoids confusion and is perhaps more accurate semantically, I chose to insist on the 'modified' nomenclature.

The reason for this insistence was that I had decided to forget completely the built-in Modified (last_modified) column, by hiding it for good in the book list, and replacing it with an almost identical column from this plugin: #m = Last Modified.

However, probably due to my constantly alternating book list layouts with the View Manager Plugin, I realise that at some point I was actually sorting by the built-in column Modified, instead of Last Modified, lol. So the timestamp reset I was seeing upon customising custom columns was NOT being originated by the plugin.

Also, when I tried to add the built-in 'Modified' to the plugin exceptions, I was using the incorrect lookup name "modified" instead of "last_modified". What a mess on my part, sorry!

Anyway, in order to prevent any further mistakes, I changed the headings and lookup name for this PI column. This is what I had before:

Name:	MWSnap 2023-09-29, 14_47_34.png
Views:	45
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	204006

Now I have:

Name:	MWSnap 2023-09-29, 15_43_37.png
Views:	42
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	204007

I should note that I've just tested v0.84 against v0.85 and I can confirm that, at least with the plugin settings as shown below, there occurs no timestamp reset, as I wrongly assumed.

Name:	MWSnap 2023-09-29, 15_22_00.png
Views:	43
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	204005
Old 09-29-2023, 03:07 PM   #44
capink
Wizard

No problem. Your report uncovered a bug in the plugin, even if it did not affect you. The main point of the plugin is to circumvent the builtin last_modified, so it has to exclude it to make sure any changes to columns or templates, which might update the builtin last_modified, does not trigger the plugin.

I only use the plugin with exclude/include columns so that would not have happened to me, and when doing the initial testing for the plugin it never occurred to check for this. I was not able to replicate this by renaming columns , which is what I assume you meant by changing column headers. However, I'm sure there are scenarios where it could happen.

Last edited by capink; 09-29-2023 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2023, 03:28 PM   #45
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Edit: A new version is released to fix this bug. Should be available in Calibre in an hour or so, or alternatively can be downloaded from the first post and installed manually.
It could also be a weird coincidence, but since this update Calibre is a lot faster for me (search, metadata update) - really a lot

Last edited by Wiggo; 09-29-2023 at 03:30 PM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote