Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
yanathin
yanathin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
iPad iBooks epub on Nook?

I've seen a few posts about removing DRM from epubs purchased on the Nook, but has there been any luck getting anywhere with epubs purchased from the iBooks store? I made the mistake of buying a book on my iPad thinking it would be "cooler," but I honestly can't read on an LCD screen. I'd just like it to be on my Nook so I can enjoy it without getting a headache... Any ideas?

And in case anybody was wondering, the book is Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game. It was $1 on the iBooks store...
yanathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
As far as I know 'Fair Play' DRM'd ePubs haven't been broken yet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are plenty of other places to buy ePub then Apple. And you can then strip the DRM and use them with iBooks and the nook.

Plus, if everyone stops buying eBooks from Apple, maybe that will teach them to mess with things and make them worse.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
There's someone i know who's working on this fairplay drm thingy from apple. he has high hopes, but i don't. Apparently he managed to outsmart the 1st level protection by deleting the 'suspicious' .xml file in the META-INF folder of the epub.
But that's as far as he went. It just show that in itunes the ebook doesn't have the fairplay flag. The encryption is still there, and the decrypting hasn't been achieved.
So, no dice (yet) for epub from iBooks.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote