Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
beopst
beopst began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Anyone who have 1.0.06 image?

I got a trouble after I upgraded the firmware 1.0.06 version.

Now, my device has a wifi error and even cannot be connected to PC.

Does anyone have a full image file of a device which has 1.0.06 firmware?

Then, I can try to recover using the image file. Please help
beopst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
ribcookie
ribcookie began at the beginning.

Device: palm clie sl10, sony prs505, itouch, sony prs700, prs505, prsT1
My reader is basically dead weight. I encountered a WiFi error issue after installing the 1.06 official update and the reader would freeze when connecting to the computer with USB.

Previously, the reader was on the 1.05 firmware using the android hack. Tried multiple rescue packs to remedy the above issues.

Can someone make a restore-set-1.0.06 rescue flash pack? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks. Second the Help
ribcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
jonatasmello
Sony PRS-T1
jonatasmello began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Same problem! Tried all restore packs, zip, nada, niente, nothing....
I can access it using rupor-rescue, but in a normal boot it freezes and Wifi error...
jonatasmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
kldr
kldr began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hey all,

I have no idea if this would help you or not, but it solved all my problems after I rooted, unrooted wrongly (possibly used a package for the wrong version of firmware - I've no clue), and upgraded to the latest firmware version 1.0.07 (should've stayed with 1.0.04 or 1.0.05!). My apps force closed all the time, and books and images couldn't open at all.

I tried a lot of things to no avail, then I tried to check for filesystem errors:

1. Boot into recovery mode: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...covery_Console

2. Check and fix filesystem errors: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...and_bad_blocks
While it's much safer to follow through word-by-word, I only used the native e2fsck. It found and fixed a LOT of errors on my data partition. Other partitions were fine.

3. Reboot. Now it said my UIDs were inconsistent and that I needed to wipe my data partition. So I did a hard reset (http://t1-reader.ru/en/reference/reset.html).

Hope this could give you some new ideas in rescuing your PRS-T1s......
kldr is offline   Reply With Quote