Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #346
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ohhhh... you are doing this on the Manage Authors dialog. Hmmmm... now that isn't where I was thinking your were . And yes to me that sounds like a bug in calibre, I'm sure Kovid or chaley can confirm it. It sounds like the books are being left associated with your author which you have now set to "blank", rather than being set to the "Unknown" author.

Because if you then try to hit F2 on the author for a specific book (in the library view), and hit Enter, the author becomes "Unknown" as I would expect.

So like I say, think you have found a calibre bug. I should also add some protection in the next version of this plugin to handle this situation better - I hadn't found a way to make an author blank so I assumed it was not possible, however you proved that theory wrong
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #347
P.K.Dick
P.K.Dick began at the beginning.

Device: none
And using this way, I think it's possible to blank things you think they can't
P.K.Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #348
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K.Dick View Post
And using this way, I think it's possible to blank things you think they can't
Sounds like they forgot that someone could get interrupted when the 'Manage' feature was built. I knew about the 'blank' Authors becoming: Unknown (I believe that is a Authors DB, default field value) somehow, Manage bypasses that.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #349
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/11915
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #350
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cheers Kovid, didn't think it was intentional behavior.

I looked through the codebase across all my plugins and it seems that "most" of the time I protected against this situation except for a couple of places in this and a few other other plugins. I'll push out new versions eventually.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #351
P.K.Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I don't understand ?
it is corrected in next release ?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #352
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@P.K.Dick - yes, exactly that.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #353
P.K.Dick

thank you
Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #354
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

If I may have a request: I would love the plugin to find books with (possibly) inconsistent names of publishers (e.g. John Benjamins / John Benjamins Pub. / John Benjamins Publishing / John Benjamins Pub etc.).

If this is possible now (with some Calibre options/plugins that I don't know) - sorry for my request .
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #355
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Joanna - requests are free, of course there are no guarantees of being implemented

So what you are asking for is really a fuzzy match (like Find Duplicates does) but applied to the Publisher field rather than the Title/Author. I would put this into exactly the same category as another request that has come up previously, where people have asked for something similar for matching series names.

Unfortunately that category is currently labelled as the "too hard" basket . Not massively technically difficult to implement the searching bit, the hard part is what to do with the results. In both cases producing a report (like series gaps does) would be easiest, but that might prove not particularly user friendly and rather painful to work through in terms of typing in searches to bring the books on screen for each group of results (or a click and scroll fest in the tag browser).

Now if people come up with a clever UI idea for how to work with the results (or are prepared to accept a log report) then maybe I can be talked or bribed into adding it... until then it is in that basket I'm afraid.

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #356
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Thanks for the quickest answer ever . And, by the way, thanks a lot for all the great plugins you've designed - it is a wonderful job! (I've just installed Reading List and I already enjoy it and regret not having installed it much earlier ).

For me, just a simple log report would do. Then I would know which publishers I have to look up and correct. I will think of a more convenient UI solution, though. So how can I bribe you into this? )

Looking at my publisher's list I've realized it would be nice to have an option to find Find books with publishers that are all upper or all lower case as well.

BTW, I've just seen that the publishing company I've mentioned is also listed in my library as:
Benjamins, John Publishing Company
J. Benjamins
John Benjamins Pub Co
John Benjamins Publishing Company
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #357
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Sorting on the Publisher field will help with all the ones beginning John Benjamins... which you can select all of them then edit metadata and make them consistent.
Doesn't help that much (unless they're right next to each other) with the J. Benjamins... though
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #358
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Wouldn't like to sound like I'm beating a dead horse...

@kiwidude: regarding this post, could it be possible to add "Check inline font declarations" to this plugin? Like the current "Check inline @page margins".

You would "only need" to check for the string "@font-face" in the HEAD element of the html/xhtml files. For me, personally, it would be a tremendous time saver as I'm currently going through my library and updating and cleaning up a lot of books.

Many thanks!
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #359
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quality Check next version beta

As you can see in the screenshots, there are a bunch of new checks - reaching the point where I feel it is necessary to split the Check ePub menu for becoming too unwieldly. If anyone has any strong feelings about the new menu placement feel free to pipe up.

The new checks for ePubs are as follows:
  • Check unused image files - for orphaned jpg, png and gif files after your Tweak ePub or Sigil sessions
  • Check TOC hierarchical - some devices don't like hierarchical TOC's.
  • Check Adobe inline .xpgt links - for those of you that want to obliterate the Adobe xpgt files from your epubs
  • Check CSS @font-face - for if you want to remove any embedded font declarations
  • Check inline @font-face - as above but for font declarations replicated across the html files
  • Check Adobe DRM meta tag - for removing the cruft of the Adept resource <meta> tags with urn identifiers.

Every one of those checks has a corresponding addition to the next version of the Modify ePub plugin, a beta for which I have now posted here.

Feedback welcomed as always before I officially release it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Toolbar_epub1.png
Views:	500
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	86005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Toolbar_epub2.png
Views:	450
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	86006  

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-04-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Removed attachment as latest version officially released
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #360
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
This is fantastic.

I used to go thru my library one book at the time checking for those inline font declarations.

Now, 2 clicks and voilà!

Many thanks, kiwidude.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	275
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	86036  
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote