Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
wafercat
wafercat
wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Touch Nook Rooted with some problems

https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/help.gif
As noted with my past postings (located in nook forum) I have rooted my Nook with the easy method. This seems to be a bypass, not a full rooting. It is useful but not complete.

I would like to do a complete rooting. I've tried the compete rooting with it as is and found that doesn't work. This shows I need my Nook to be returned to it's original state to do the rooting. I've tried to do this by powering down the Nook 8 times and this doesn't work. Apparently the bypass I have makes this unworkable.

In addition to this I have made the mistake in locking the Launcher to the stock Nook Home. This software is badly designed because this cannot be easily reversed.

I have found that I can get to Opera (which I had installed) by entering Internet addresses in the Nook's search when I am connected to the Net. Workable, but not ideal.

The basically I need to find out how I can return my Nook to it's factory state, and if this is not possible a way unlock Launchers Home setting.

I have restarted my old computer with Lubuntu 10.04 so I could work with my Nook. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the Linux files on the Nook. Some help would be appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by wafercat; 09-20-2011 at 04:13 AM. Reason: clarification
wafercat is offline   Reply With Quote