Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Are You Prepared, Part Deaux

Okay, so everyone has their supplies, or is thinking of getting them, or at least has been warned.

Here we go.

Its happened. Think major disruption of services......
F5 hurricane.
9.5 earthquake.
Terrorist attack in your city/town.

Water is undrinkable. Power is non existent.

Hundreds of thousands stranded, and guess what. We can no longer dial "911" for emergency service. Hospitals are gone, or unreachable.

You've socked in your supplies.

Your neighbors haven't.

Now there are gangs of looters, and the ever present scum wandering around looking for you and your cache.

How do you survive? What do you do? Do you put on your backpack and hike for somewhere safer?

Do you stay where you are? How far are you willing to go to ensure the safety of your family?

This should be an interesting discussion...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Loose the hounds!

Last edited by wodin; 10-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'd call Adrian and ask him to get me the hell outta this space-time locale. Or hop into pshwynkies' flying car and visit The Icebox. Or maybe just load myself into The Royal Trebuchet and come visit you. Oh, wait! I need to reload my liseuse first!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Lose the hounds!
If you "lose" the hounds, they're lost.

If you "loose" the hounds........they go after whatever is around.............
Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'd call Adrian and ask him to get me the hell outta this space-time locale. Or hop into pshwynkies' flying car and visit The Icebox. Or maybe just load myself into The Royal Trebuchet and come visit you. Oh, wait! I need to reload my liseuse first!
So much for the "seriousness" label.........no matter. I'm easy.

Don't worry about reloading anything......I have plenty of books.......liberated.

No one puts DGma in a corner, no one!!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you "lose" the hounds, they're lost.

If you "loose" the hounds........they go after whatever is around.............
Yup, you got me, I fixed it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So much for the "seriousness" label.........
(doggie cringes deeply whilst sticking tail 'tween legs)
Old 10-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
(doggie cringes deeply whilst sticking tail 'tween legs)
HEY! I SAID I was easy (to get along with, let make that perfectly clear at the onset), didn't I?

Here's some bacon, doggie........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crispy-bacon.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	59960  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Business as usual in New York City.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
Business as usual in New York City.
Really?

I'm so sorry......
Old 10-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I'd get the kids, cat and hubby into the minivan and find whatever food/water I can in the neighbouring stores (assuming they're all abandoned and left open). I take them to one of the empty farmhouses around (Burlington's surrounded by farmland, and there's plenty for sale and vacant) and stay put for as long as possible.

If we need more supplies, we go together. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'd get the kids, cat and hubby into the minivan and find whatever food/water I can in the neighbouring stores (assuming they're all abandoned and left open). I take them to one of the empty farmhouses around (Burlington's surrounded by farmland, and there's plenty for sale and vacant) and stay put for as long as possible.

If we need more supplies, we go together. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
Are you prepared to fight others for those supplies in those stores?

And you are assuming the streets are clear....do you have a full tank of gas?

Remember, it takes electricity to pump.......
Old 10-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
HEY! I SAID I was easy (to get along with, let make that perfectly clear at the onset), didn't I?

Here's some bacon, doggie........
Aha! I knew I'd get something good out of this apocalyptic horror. See how easy it is to prosper in a calamity?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Aha! I knew I'd get something good out of this apocalyptic horror. See how easy it is to prosper in a calamity?
...........when food becomes scarce, people start looking at alternatives.

Why do you think I offered the bacon?

If I were you, doggie, I would hide..........
Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Are you prepared to fight others for those supplies in those stores?

And you are assuming the streets are clear....do you have a full tank of gas?

Remember, it takes electricity to pump.......
I always have gas in at least one of my vehicles at all times. I try not to go below half a tank. I'm not above syphoning gas if I'm desperate. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a vacant house beside an apple farm

For my children, I would bash someone's skull in if it meant they would have the food they need to survive. I think most parents would do the same.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote