Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
License limit on personal docs

All my books are personal docs that I converted from my epub library. So why do I occasionally get the "License Limit Reached" problem? How can they limit my personal, non-DRM books?

I only have 5 devices registered but I ran into this again today after i reuploaded a book after I changed some formatting. I deleted the original off my device and downloaded again. Now I can't read my own book.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
All my books are personal docs that I converted from my epub library. So why do I occasionally get the "License Limit Reached" problem? How can they limit my personal, non-DRM books?

I only have 5 devices registered but I ran into this again today after i reuploaded a book after I changed some formatting. I deleted the original off my device and downloaded again. Now I can't read my own book.
See this link.
Quote:
Note: We may limit the number of personal documents you send or store through Kindle Personal Documents Service.For more information, go to Kindle Personal Documents Distributor Terms of Use
bernie

p.s. This seems to be a daily limit, will reset at some time within the next 24 hours.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I do not understand that I have up loaded well over 300 documents in a day before.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I do not understand that I have up loaded well over 300 documents in a day before.
I can upload without limit. I run into the problem when I try to download to my device.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I can upload without limit. I run into the problem when I try to download to my device.
Ok I am like you I have 5 devices plus my wife has 2 and we have never had issues with our family plan. At least so far.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert