Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 06:30 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
inserting html comments everywhere punctuation is modifed is not feasible. Lets move on.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #17
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I'm using the Legacy version of Sigil V8.4 and when I try to install this Plugin it reports that it isn't a valid Sigil Plugin file.

I have installed the EPUBCHECK plugin and that works - I have both Python 2.7 and 3.4 installed.

Any ideas welcome.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I'm using the Legacy version of Sigil V8.4 and when I try to install this Plugin it reports that it isn't a valid Sigil Plugin file.

I have installed the EPUBCHECK plugin and that works - I have both Python 2.7 and 3.4 installed.

Any ideas welcome.

BobC
I'll check it out when I get home. I have succesfully used the latest version of the plugin with the Legacy version of Sigil 0.8.4 on Windows XP (tested both Python 2 and 3) but perhaps I screwed up the zip file I uploaded or something.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #19
shorshe
Enthusiast
shorshe began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
---- EDIT -----
Was a local config problem, sorry to have bothered you.
---- EDIT -----

I'm on Sigil 0.8.4 on OSX 10.10 and get the following error.
"interpreter python3.4, python2.7 has no path set"
OSX comes with python 2.7

Last edited by shorshe; 02-04-2015 at 12:32 PM.
shorshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorshe View Post
I'm on Sigil 0.8.4 on OSX 10.10 and get the following error.
"interpreter python3.4, python2.7 has no path set"
OSX comes with python 2.7
Yep. Now you just have to tell Sigil's Plugin Manager where the python executable lives.

The Manage Plugins dialog (accessed either via the Plugins menu item or the Edit->Preferences menu item) is where you configure the Python interpreter(s) to use. Clicking the "Auto" button should locate your Python 2.7 interpreter for you. Or you can browse for it manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorshe View Post
---- EDIT -----
Was a local config problem, sorry to have bothered you.
---- EDIT -----
No bother. Glad you got it figured out.
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Any ideas welcome.

BobC
Just downloaded the plugin from the first post and installed it in a fresh install of the Legacy version of 0.8.4 with no problems. Are you sure you just didn't get a bad download? Have you tried re-downloading the plugin?
Old 02-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #22
Grizella
Grizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Mantano
Well, at least it works witout problems on Sigil 0.8.4 on Win7/64.
Grizella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizella View Post
Well, at least it works witout problems on Sigil 0.8.4 on Win7/64.
As well as Vista and XP (if you install the legacy version of Sigil) and OS X. I don't have a Windows 8 machine to test on, but I suspect it would work there, too.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #24
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just downloaded the plugin from the first post and installed it in a fresh install of the Legacy version of 0.8.4 with no problems. Are you sure you just didn't get a bad download? Have you tried re-downloading the plugin?
I've re-downloaded it and it still behaves the same - "Error Not a valid Sigil Plugin " when I try to add it. I have changed the filename of the zip file to add "Sigil Plugin" so that I can identify it later but wouldn't have expected that to upset things. For reference the zip contains a single directory which in turn holds four files.

I am using XP SP3 and Sigil was installed as an upgrade from (Legacy)8.2 yesterday. The path to the python 2.7 interpreter is correctly set in the preferences.

Ah - you may have spotted what I was doing wrong - when I change the filename back to the "as downloaded" name it works o.k. I must have renamed the earlier Epubcheck one in my download directory after I had installed it.

BobC
Old 02-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have changed the filename of the zip file to add "Sigil Plugin" so that I can identify it later but wouldn't have expected that to upset things.
You would have guessed wrong. The naming of the plugin's zip file is quite critical as you've discovered.

The file name must match the folder it contains (as well as matching the plugin name in the plugin.xml file). You can add version info by adding _vxxxx to the file name, but that's about it.

We should probably put that front and center on some sort of plugin FAQ should one ever emerge.

Glad you got it working though!

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-04-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi All,

The rules for naming plugins is specified in the Sigil Plugin Framework documentation which can be found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=4

However those docs were written mainly for plugin developers and not users. So we probably do need a plugin user's FAQ someplace that says:

1. Do NOT rename the plugin zip file as its name (less the version extension) must be unique and must match the underlying plugin name and directory.

And I am sure a bunch more things should go into an FAQ as well.

So ... if anyone wants to create one ... ;-) I am sure either DiapDealer or KevinH would be happy to "Sticky It" for everyone.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:28 AM   #27
BobC
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You would have guessed wrong. The naming of the plugin's zip file is quite critical as you've discovered.

The file name must match the folder it contains (as well as matching the plugin name in the plugin.xml file). You can add version info by adding _vxxxx to the file name, but that's about it.

We should probably put that front and center on some sort of plugin FAQ should one ever emerge.

Glad you got it working though!
Thanks, it was your confirmation that you had it working on XP with the Legacy version that led me to go back to basics and "undo" my file renaming after examining the zips contents.

I often rename downloaded zips that have a "generic" name like "update.zip" so I can identify them later amongst all the others with a similar name lurking on my HDD. This is the first time it has caused a problem.

With the best will in the world, even if there had been a FAQ it would probably have concentrated on "what to do" not "what NOT to do"; it's difficult to foresee all the ways that users will misuse your carefully crafted and tested program until they do it .

BobC
Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 AM   #28
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil plugins

I've just discovered for myself the existence of plugins for Sigil, but as I am very underqualified, I have no idea how to use them.
Would somebody, please, teach me? I'd be extremely thankful.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Forget it. I was just being lazy. Some digging-- and I've found how to.

Last edited by kamanza; 06-03-2015 at 07:50 AM.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #29
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Is it possible for the plugin to use "angle" quotes (aka latin quotation marks or french quotation marks) instead of square quotes? Of course, the best thing would be to have the choice between different kinds of quotes
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #30
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Thanks for this - having seen this functionality in Calibre I was planning to do something similar for Sigil, now I won't have to.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote