Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2019, 01:33 AM   #61
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I decided to find what I'd listened to George Guidall on before and just realised it's the oddest thing that Audible does not list the narrators in one's library of bought books. I figured out that I listened to him on Zorba the Greek and he did a good job so I'll give him a 4.
Actually, they let you search on narrator in your library. Go to the main Library view, and type in the narrator's name in the search box. This returns all books in your library with that narrator. (Note it will also include any books for which they are the author.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #62
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Actually, they let you search on narrator in your library. Go to the main Library view, and type in the narrator's name in the search box. This returns all books in your library with that narrator. (Note it will also include any books for which they are the author.)
One of the reasons that I use OpenAudible is that it pulls back all the meta data, including narrator, from Audible and presents it in a reasonable format. I'm using it to update my audio calibre list with the narrator.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Aaaaand I'm caught up with all the posts so far.

Well, except for the questions I have for CRussel just above, and this one:

Jon, I have you as unrated for this in the list since the list ratings are 1-5, but I could put you down for a 4.5; just let me know if you'd like that.
Sure, go for it.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-05-2019 at 07:57 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #64
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
I just listened to two narrators for two different Saki short story collections.

I'll give Ian Richardson a 4 for his narration of Saki's The Chronicles of Clovis. He's an actor known for various things including the original UK House of Cards. He had a very florid and dramatic style, and while it contrasted a bit with Saki's simpler language I still really enjoyed it and he really helped to bring the biting wit at times to sparkling life.

Cathy Dobson will get a 3 for Saki's Beasts and Super-Beasts. It would either be a 2 or 3; she has a little bit of a sing-song voice and didn't do much with different voices, but I'll settle on 3 because she was adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I meant to reply before, but thank you! It's still strange they don't list them out but this will help.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote