Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
RJMcinty
RJMcinty will become famous soon enoughRJMcinty will become famous soon enoughRJMcinty will become famous soon enoughRJMcinty will become famous soon enoughRJMcinty will become famous soon enoughRJMcinty will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
10% off PRS-505's at Sony Style stores, 7/4/08 - 7/6/08!

FYI: Sony Style stores in the US are having a 4th of July sale on July 4-6, and one of the sale items is the PRS-505 (incl. the James Patterson edition), at 10% off the normal $299...

The Seattle, WA store had plenty of stock.

Just picked mine up, but have to play 4th of July party guy, so can only charge it tonight.

Cheers!
Robert
RJMcinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Thanks, Robert. That's good information. And welcome to MobileRead!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi RJMcinty and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like the 505.

I got one back in January at 40% off as a post Christmas deal and am very happy with it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I wonder if this is a precursor to something? That is the Second Price Drop on that package, Plus with the cheaper prices on the Sony at other Retailers and Sony's Recent announcement of WIFI possibilities, PRS 510 Anyone?? I wonder if it still qualifies for the $100 sony rewards offer??

JJ

Never Mind I just check the Sony Store and it is conveniently out of stock

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-05-2008 at 12:21 AM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
enjoy the 505 Robert
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMcinty View Post
FYI: Sony Style stores in the US are having a 4th of July sale on July 4-6, and one of the sale items is the PRS-505 (incl. the James Patterson edition), at 10% off the normal $299...

The Seattle, WA store had plenty of stock.

Just picked mine up, but have to play 4th of July party guy, so can only charge it tonight.

Cheers!
Robert
Must be the physical stores not Website Got it!

JJ
Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
....and Sony's Recent announcement of WIFI possibilities...
Well, I certainly missed that announcement! Can you point me to a post or website about that, please?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, I certainly missed that announcement! Can you point me to a post or website about that, please?
Here you go VR
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25881

JJ
Old 07-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
might want to try and get the $100 off sony card deal....jmo...unless you don't want another piece of plastic to cancel later.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just confirmed the Sony Style Store at Pentagon City Mall in Arlington, VA has the 505 on sale at 10% off. Price is good through 6 July 08 and they have plenty in stock; 134 according to the salesman (65 Blue, 63 silver and 6 James Patterson)
Old 07-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #11
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Just confirmed the Sony Style Store at Pentagon City Mall in Arlington, VA has the 505 on sale at 10% off. Price is good through 6 July 08 and they have plenty in stock; 134 according to the salesman (65 Blue, 63 silver and 6 James Patterson)
I will take a James Patterson one Please!

JJ
Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

No sweat jerryleejr. Just take the Pentagon City exit off I-395 and the mall is right in front of you. And Sony will take a check. Cash too.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #13
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
No sweat jerryleejr. Just take the Pentagon City exit off I-395 and the mall is right in front of you. And Sony will take a check. Cash too.
The two years I lived there, I think I went to that mall one time. I would just drive down to Tyson's Corner.

JJ
Old 07-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

I occasionally go there because it's convenient but Tyson's has a lot more stores including Sony where I assume the same sale is on.