Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Error on Custom Series-Like Column

I have a column that I use to create abbreviated series names. Recently, the "Automatically number book" function has... well, ceased to function. If I simply select "Automatically number books", it numbers all selected books as [1] in the series. If I further select "Force numbers to start with", the number selectors become grayed out and can't be modified, and again numbers all books as [1] in the series.

Any help here?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Tweaks->Auto increment series index
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Preferences->Tweaks->Auto increment series index
Can you be more specific about what I need to change? I'm having the same problem as the OP, and I'm confused about how that tweak is related. To me this problem looks more like a bug than a tweak.

Since the OP was a little vague on the symptoms, I'll describe them in more detail. I have a custom series-like column called Subseries. On the Bulk Metadata Edit window, if I type something in the Subseries field, the "Clear Series" and "Force numbers to start with" check boxes below it become disabled (grayed out), as do the starting number and increment fields. If I check the "Automatically number books" box, the "Force numbers to start with" field becomes available again, but the two number fields remain disabled. Checking the "Force numbers to start with" box does not enable the number fields again.

As a workaround, I can set the starting/increment values before typing anything into the Subseries field, but as soon as I type anything into the Subseries field, the two number controls can no longer be changed until I close the BME window and re-open it.

This problem started when I upgraded Calibre to 3.16. Downgrading to 3.12 (the prior version I had installed) makes everything work again. I'm guessing it has something to do with the update to the BME custom series column controls introduced in version 3.13.

By the way, the contents of my Auto increment series index tweak is the following:

Quote:
# Auto increment series index

series_index_auto_increment = 'next'

use_series_auto_increment_tweak_when_importing = False
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...4c9d72e0d0e4a9
Old 02-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #5
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, that was fast! I only posted a couple of hours ago and you've already made the fix.

fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #6
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
@fidvo – Thanks for the detailed bug report. I was struggling to articulate the problem... (in such cases, I just want to take my computer to kovid, point at my screen, and say, "THIS!")

@kovid – As always, my thanks for the quick fix!
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome