Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #1
vainqueur
vainqueur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle FreeTime Doesn't Work with Audio Streaming When Screen Is Off

My kid has an Amazon Kindle Fire HD and using the parental controls, I've set it so that the Kindle turns off at 8:45pm so that they don't stay up super late playing with it. This works great unless they're listening to an audio book (which is what they use their Kindle for the most often).

If they're listening to an audio book and the Kindle's screen turns off, the audio will continue streaming even after the 8:45pm curfew has passed. Right now, the curfew setting just prevents them from logging back into their account; it doesn't actually stop any activity happening in the background (like audio streaming).

Basically, I'd love it if all activity -- streaming or otherwise -- stopped and became disabled for their account once the curfew arrives.

I've gone through the settings, done numerous online searches, looked through the the Amazon documentation... and I haven't found a solution yet. Any ideas?
vainqueur is offline   Reply With Quote