Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #46
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscuridadBonita View Post
I know about gift cards, i use them for ps3. But the gift cards are useless for the free apps.In order to get the free up you have to have a credit card account with them, and thats where i am screwed because i have no credit cards. I use the cards your talking about for anything i buy online.
Will a prepaid credit card work? The are also available at most big name stores, at least in the USA.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #47
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Firefox Bowser 8

Works nicely on the Fire. Has some pretty cool features too like being able to save a webpage as a PDF (Options Bar --> Menu --> More --> Save as PDF). PDFs are saved in the download folder. You can access the folder with any File Explorer App.

The only thing I found out about Firefox is that you have to properly shut it down before exiting. However, I have noticed this about a few other Android Apps lately so this is good information to know. Especially if you have an App that worked and then starts to give you problems later after returning to the Carousel Home Screen.

Update: This bug appears to be fixed from version 7.

With that said, to properly exit Firefox (Options Bar --> Menu --> More --> Quit).

Firefox 8 can be downloaded here: http://download.pandaapp.com/android....0-id5110.html

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 01:08 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #48
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Will a prepaid credit card work? The are also available at most big name stores, at least in the USA.
Yeah. Get one of those Wal-Mart money card cards, they are VISA.

BTW, welcome to MR, OscuridadBonita!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #49
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscuridadBonita View Post
I know about gift cards, i use them for ps3. But the gift cards are useless for the free apps.In order to get the free up you have to have a credit card account with them, and thats where i am screwed because i have no credit cards. I use the cards your talking about for anything i buy online.

If you check post # 20 on page 2 of this thread I have links to many legitimate App Stores that will work with the Kindle Fire. These App Stores started as a matter of necessity because many Android tablets are locked out of the Google Android Market.

None of these require a credit card to download and setup their App Store or Marketplace App. All of them offer many good free Apps. Some like SlideMe and 1Mobile also offer paid Apps however, I'm not sure how they accept payment. These are two of the better Android App Stores outside of the Google Android Market.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #50
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Firefox Bowser 8

Works nicely on the Fire. Has some pretty cool features too like being able to save a webpage as a PDF (Options Bar --> Menu --> More --> Save as PDF). PDFs are saved in the download folder. You can access the folder with any File Explorer App.

The only thing I don't like about Firefox is that you have to properly shut it down before exiting. However, I have noticed this about a lot of Android Apps lately so this is good information to know. Especially, if you have an App that worked and then starts to give you problems later after returning to the Carousel Home Screen.

With that said, to properly exit Firefox (Options Bar --> Menu --> More --> Quit).

Firefox 8 can be downloaded here: http://download.pandaapp.com/android....0-id5110.html
I use Firefox 8 on my PC and it claims to sync bookmarks with other devices. Have you tried this with Firefox on the KFire? That would be cool--not having to separately maintain bookmarks on each device.
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #51
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
I use Firefox 8 on my PC and it claims to sync bookmarks with other devices. Have you tried this with Firefox on the KFire?
Not yet. I just downloaded and starting messing with it, but I'll experiment and let you know. Unless of course someone beats me to the punch which is OK by me.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #52
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
I use Firefox 8 on my PC and it claims to sync bookmarks with other devices. Have you tried this with Firefox on the KFire?

Sorry. This post was the same as above before I edited it. I don't understand why I keep getting double posts. I have made quite a few posts and this is the second time this has happened in a week. Never happened before. Is it just me or has Mobileread been acting kind of funny the last few days? Maybe it's the influx of Fire owners, who knows. Does anyone know how to delete a post?

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #53
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
A nice adding maching app with tape for the Fire:

http://www.amazon.com/taobits-net-Of...1807676&sr=1-7
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #54
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
I use Firefox 8 on my PC and it claims to sync bookmarks with other devices. Have you tried this with Firefox on the KFire? That would be cool--not having to separately maintain bookmarks on each device.

It works. Here's instructions how:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...n-your-desktop

Here's more instructions on Firefox mobile browser:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...oid&browser=m8

When you touch the address bar, select Bookmarks. Press Desktop Bookmarks. Press Bookmarks Menu and all the Bookmarks from Firefox on your PC are there. Pretty Cool. It probably works in reverse as well.

To open a new window, swipe right (touch, hold, drag).

Swipe left to Bookmark pages and Open Preferences etc.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah. Get one of those Wal-Mart money card cards, they are VISA.

BTW, welcome to MR, OscuridadBonita!
Yes they work very well! They also have Mastercard now too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
About the Screen Filter app which I use pretty much all the time now.

Something people might not notice. This apps makes some buttons less responsive like Install and back buttons specially on Silk. Depending on the settings percentage it gets worse and sometimes you can't hit Install at all and it has to be disabled.

It also messes with Prime Streaming movies so it should be disabled before watching one. It also sometimes out of blue disables itself.

So if you find you are having button issues having to hit buttons twice and or it wont respond at all disable it and try again or set the percentage up higher and see if that helps.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #57
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
Smile ooh

Quote:
I didn't think of that,I usually buy ps3 psn and never needed those prepaid thanks to all for the info
OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #58
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Emit Free!!!

I've installed the server on my PC and am using the client to stream movies/videos to my Fire. Very good quality.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
One thing
Yeah, one thing...I've reported your post since some of your links are pirating Android apps. It would be better if you just removed the contents of your message to get rid of the pirate links. It's against MR policy which you have violated big time.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-20-2011 at 04:02 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #60
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
Unhappy help

I was looking for apps and got a few cool ones installed, thanks to this thread.I installed one called OI calender from same place.When I installed it,it said installed succesfilly.When I search for it,I donot see it any where on my kindle fire apps.So I'm guessing its not compatible.So I am looking for it to uninstall it from my kindle and even though it said its installed,I follow the apps instruction guided on refresh and so on and donot see it.Am I screwewd and gonna have to let it be? I am good with certain Pc things but not that good,any help will be greatful, and thanks. again

Last edited by OscuridadBonita; 11-20-2011 at 04:00 PM.
OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote