Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Robertxc
Robertxc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello - New to the forum

Hello, I'm very pleased to have found this forum. It's giving me loads of advice and insight into ebooks and ebook readers.

I thought I would share with you the Word macro that I've been developing for a while that takes a raw text and turns it into what I think is quite a nice looking rtf document. I would be very interested in feedback. It is quite lengthy and pays particular attention to managing paragraphs. I have deliberately not tried to do too much with chapters, because I found that to do something that will handle everything is just too unwieldy. Anyway, if anyone wants to use it, or has any suggestions on how it can be improved, I'd love to hear them. I am quite familiar with 'advanced' wildcard find & replace queries, but I probably haven't used them as much as I could have. I have commented the different sections as well, to give an idea of what they're meant to do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BobsEbookMacro.txt (47.9 KB, 308 views)
File Type: txt Example_text_before.txt (57.8 KB, 326 views)
File Type: rtf Example_text_after.rtf (288.5 KB, 304 views)
Robertxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
Hello. Welcome to the forum! I am sure their are people here who could help with text formatting and things like that way better than I can. I hope you find a reader that you fall in love with!
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Roberttxe and welcome to MobileRead.

I'm sure you'll get lots of valuable feedback here.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Well, your example files look good. I will have to try the macro myself.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Robertxc
Robertxc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
Well, your example files look good. I will have to try the macro myself.
Hope it's of some use to you daesdaemar. I've made a few refinements in the last few days (attached), as well as removing the bit that dealt with formatting chapter headings that contain roman numerals. I find it quicker and easier just to put together a wildcard find and replace in Word that suits the particular chapter structure of the book I'm working on.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BobsEbookMacro.txt (40.2 KB, 337 views)
Robertxc is offline   Reply With Quote