Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Question Updates for Reader-Application on M92?

I got my M92 now for some weeks and would like to ask if the Reader-Applications will get an update in the future?

I do like the FBReader, because I can use the additional Fonts which I installed on the SD-Card in /fonts
but on some epubs I didnt get the cover-art.
Especially if I reconvert a ePub with Calibre or open and resave the ePub with the Sigil-Editor the cover-art isnt displayed anymore.
The cover-art problem is a FBReader-Standard-Bug like the problem that changing fonts will not work if the styles.css does include a tag with "font-family)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=11

With the CoolReader I could only use the fonts which are installed via the firmware file (OK, there a chance to "mod" the firmware, thats not the right way for me)

With PDF-Reader (also the Beta version) I couldnt find a way to change the font

With CoolReader and PDF-Reader I did get often wrong display refreshs in additional informations (page-numbers and advanced menue). The text is mostly refreshed correctly..but sometimes the page-number couldnt be read anymore because there seems to be drift in writing the display (could be a problem with other fonts than the standard/default used font? I like mono- and sans-serrif fonts for reading)

Booxtor did write these days about a new update. Will there be a update for the readers included?

On my M92 is the (actual?) Update 1.7.20120726

So at this time I do stay with FBReader because he displays my ePubs-allrigt if I dont want the cover-art and do strip the font-family tag out of the styles.css

Whats your prefeered Reader for ePub on the M92 and why and which problems so you got with the "other" readers?
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolreader, fbreader, font-family, reader, screen refresh