Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Bookmarklet to batch delete archived personal documents

For the new bookmarklet for deleting content items see bstriddy's post

Original post:
Spoiler:

when I tried to delete personal documents from the archive I realized that it is too boring to delete them one by one. Then with the help of Aei, created a bookmarklet to delete them page by page.

It could be possible to improve it by adding some filter for publisher, date, etc for specific usages.
Also you can use search filter on the page before using this bookmarklet.

To be safe it only works on "Personal Documents" section

just create a bookmark using this code as url; and press whenever you want to delete displayed personal documents. It will delete them (only displayed ones) immediately.

Code:
javascript:(function(){ var v = new RegExp("PersonalDocuments"); if (!v.test(document.URL)) { return false; } {a=document.getElementsByClassName('rowBodyCollapsed');for(var i = 0; i<a.length; i++){Fion.deleteItem('deleteItem_'+a[i].getAttribute('asin'));};return; }})();
This trick is useful also to get rid of huge list( of newpapers and such) on Pending Deliveries since if you delete a pending delivery on your Personal Documents list it will be deleted from the Pending Deliveries list also .

You can use the filter on Personal Documents to choose a title, author,date before using this bookmarklet.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

--------------------------

>>> How to create a bookmarklet:
How to Install Bookmarklets on iPhone and iPad:
Spoiler:

How create Bookmarklet on Chrome and Firefox:
Spoiler:
  • Copy the code above
  • right click on your bookmark bar
  • use the "add page" option
  • paste the code as url
  • give it a name
  • click to "OK" ( or "Save" , etc)
  • done
  • click on this bookmark whenever you need

>>> How to use it :
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookmarklet.png
Views:	2273
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	86996
Click to the bookmark after applying the step 1 and (optional) step 2 as seen on this image.

>>> Using on Safari:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Hey, it does actually work in Safari with JavaScript debugging on...
Via Developer toolbar...

>>> You can use this script for other parts of your archived documents as such:

Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
Thanks much for this! I just replaced "Personal Documents" in the script with "Newspapers" (as below) and removed all of my archived newspapers.

Code:
javascript:(function(){ var v = new RegExp("Newspapers"); if (!v.test(document.URL)) { return false; } {a=document.getElementsByClassName('rowBodyCollapsed');for(var i = 0; i<a.length; i++){Fion.deleteItem('deleteItem_'+a[i].getAttribute('asin'));};return; }})();

>>> Some related stuff

This and this page may help if you interested in tweaking the bookmarklet

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-17-2016 at 12:17 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
foldh7
foldh7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Great: You saved me hours of dumb clicking on this stupid UI ;-)
foldh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This trick is useful also to get rid of huge list( of newpapers and such) on Pending Deliveries since if you delete a pending delivery on your Personal Documents list it is also deleted from the Pending Deliveries list.

You can use the filter on Personal Documents to choose a title, sender,...etc before using this bookmarklet.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I wrote Amazon about this problem/inconvenience; quite silly to only to be able to delete 1 personal document at a time, and have to wait for a screen refresh between each one. There should be some way to select multiple personal documents for a batch delete.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
thomass
Wizard

with this bookmarklet you can batch delete documents up to 15 at a time

But I agree that this option should be included in the site itself.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks, just tried it, works great, especially when you "sort" your pers. docs first.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
sparkyj23
sparkyj23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thank you for this.
sparkyj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
This is fabulous. Thank you.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
kociubin
kociubin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Thanks! Huge timesaver.
kociubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
thomass
Wizard

To delete all of your archived Personal Documents you can use this bookmarklet (thanks to Aei)

Code:
javascript:(function(){jQuery.each(itemCache.theData,function(key,value){if(value.filters&&value.filters['Personal Documents']){Fion.gufsAjaxObj.makeRequest("contentName="+value.asin+"&loanId="+(value.loanId?value.loanId:'')+"&sid="+mykJS.sessionId+"&isAjax=1"+"&category="+value.category,function(){});}});alert('Done! If there are still something in "Personal Documents" left YOU MAY TRY ONE MORE TIME!');location.reload();})();
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Bookmarklet doesn't seem to work anymore...
It used to work in Firefox on Mac but now only returns "false"...
It hasn't even launched in Safari (Mac), don't know if it ever did...
I'm referring to the "delete 15 entries" one, the other I don't wanna try...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Bookmarklet doesn't seem to work anymore...
It used to work in Firefox on Mac but now only returns "false"...
It hasn't even launched in Safari (Mac), don't know if it ever did...
I'm referring to the "delete 15 entries" one, the other I don't wanna try...
thanks for the feedback

just tried and it worked without any problem. (with Chrome)

please be sure that you are in personal documents section

Last edited by thomass; 03-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I think the problem here is more that it doesn't even run in Safari...
But thanks, it was great as long as it lasted... ;-)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I think the problem here is more that it doesn't even run in Safari...
But thanks, it was great as long as it lasted... ;-)
I don't have a Mac to check and correct this for it. However this bookmarklet works under Windows w/o any problem.

Hope s/o fix it for Mac

Does anybody else have the same problem on Mac?

Last edited by thomass; 03-21-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
It used to work in Firefox on Mac but now only returns "false"
this bookmarklet is setted to check whether URL has a "PersonalDocuments" and to return false if it is otherwise

Hence if it returns false there is a strange problem

url is like this :
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/manage?ie=UTF8&ref_=kinw_myk_surl_1&#PersonalDocuments
if you are sure that it doesn't run when you are in Personal Documents section you can try after replacing "Personal Documents" with "amazon" (or any part of the URL) to make it work anywhere in this domain.

Last edited by thomass; 03-21-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Tags
bookmarklet, kindle tools, manage my devices, myk, personal document