Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
SMARTQ7: firmware 5 VS .92 firmware 5.1?

I have firmware 5. It seems to be working well.

I see that there is the Umbutu .92 version 5.1. Any one have info if this is a worthwile update?

I was also looking for the AVI play to support the hardware decoder. Regretfully I have not even tried playing AVI's back in the 5.0 firmware update. I was wondering what people's experiences are.

I really like the utility of the SmartQ7 so far. I would love to be able to do video playback though. And while I have not tried it since reading it would be nice to know it works if someone else has already tried it.
wwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
Another thought, Any one have or know of where to find the change list on the updates?
wwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwang View Post
<snip>
I see that there is the Umbutu .92 version 5.1. Any one have info if this is a worthwile update?
Umbutu .92 version 5.1 ??? Can you post a link to this as I do not recognise this version
Quote:
I was also looking for the AVI play to support the hardware decoder. Regretfully I have not even tried playing AVI's back in the 5.0 firmware update. I was wondering what people's experiences are.
The supplied version of 'mplayer' does support hardware acceleration but only for the following codecs; MPEG-4/H.263/H.264 (up to 30fps@SD and decoding of VC1 video up to 30fps@SD)
Quote:
I really like the utility of the SmartQ7 so far. I would love to be able to do video playback though. And while I have not tried it since reading it would be nice to know it works if someone else has already tried it.
I have played video on mine since day one, granted only avi's (divx/xvid) with video @ approx 1000bps and audio @ 96bps but perfectly watchable (not HD quality, but who wants 6GB movie files!).
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote