Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 12:28 AM   #1
pricespringer
pricespringer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Changing Font Color for individual items in Calibre

I like to keep entries in Calibre after the books have been read. What I would like to do is highlight those entries in a different font color so that I can quickly see what has been read. However if this is not possible could individual entries be changed to upper case or bold type.

if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Les
pricespringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...59&postcount=2

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 01:39 AM   #3
pricespringer
pricespringer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Re changing font color for individual errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yes I can see look and feel - I presume I change all columns for the particular entry I wan't to change the font color but then I get lost with info re template etc

Les
pricespringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You should not need an Advanced rule

You need a column to indicate you've read the book, you could use Rating - something like the following (whilst Rating shows as stars internally its a number between 0 and 5). This colours the line

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	167471

Or you could create a Y/N custom column and do the following. This colours the Title Cell only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	167472

But IMO if you have a Y//N column you don't need to colour anything - Y/N columns are displayed as a Green Tick/Red Cross glyph.

I think some e-readers can return a 'read' status to calibre, as can Calibre Companion

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-06-2018 at 02:48 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricespringer View Post
I like to keep entries in Calibre after the books have been read. What I would like to do is highlight those entries in a different font color so that I can quickly see what has been read. However if this is not possible could individual entries be changed to upper case or bold type.

if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Les
I use a Virtual Library for this (actually, I have 2. One shows Have Read, the To Read).

Have Read:
Code:
#finished:true and formats:True
I check formats, because I use Empty Books as my wishlist
#finished is a date

To read:
Code:
Not #finished:>12/31/2000 and formats:true and not formats:other
The year 2000 is my 'Abandoned' (aka not my cupa) flag, 'other' is not a device compatible item
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #6
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricespringer View Post
Yes I can see look and feel - I presume I change all columns for the particular entry I wan't to change the font color but then I get lost with info re template etc

Les
I remove any ratings that are automatically imported with the ebook, and then I rate each book I read. Then I use the look and feel>column coloring settings to create a rule that says, "If the Rating column is greater than value: 0" to change all columns to red.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclanahan View Post
I remove any ratings that are automatically imported with the ebook, and then I rate each book I read. Then I use the look and feel>column coloring settings to create a rule that says, "If the Rating column is greater than value: 0" to change all columns to red.
You can avoid DOWNLOADING Metadata ratings by configuring the Metadata Download (remove the tick next to ratings. The choce ia do it for all or configure each source).
Unfortunately, this does not disable ratings embedded in the book during the ADD to Library action.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote