Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
scarlettruin
Connoisseur
scarlettruin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung 10 Inch Tablet 2016 & Samsung S10+
Calibre makes my whole system freeze/crash

I've opened my computer tonight and everytime I open Calibre it makes the whole system crash and I have to restart my computer. It's definitely calibe doing it, and I've got the latest version. I can't send you details because it crashesstraight away. Any ideas please?
scarlettruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettruin View Post
I've opened my computer tonight and everytime I open Calibre it makes the whole system crash and I have to restart my computer. It's definitely calibe doing it, and I've got the latest version. I can't send you details because it crashesstraight away. Any ideas please?
Uninstall Calibre

Read the FAQ https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...s-occasionally and try the suggestions

and in the future:
always tell us the exacts
OS
OS versoin
Calibre version AND number (latest, 6 weeks from now does not mean much to someone finding this thread )

Last edited by theducks; 10-30-2018 at 07:53 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettruin View Post
Any ideas please?
  • see third and fourth items in calibre User Manual: FAQ: Miscellaneous
  • try running calibre in a Windows Safe Mode session
  • try running calibre with --ignore-plugins switch - see calibre command
  • try uninstall/fresh download/reinstall - a fresh install won't change your libraries or preferences/plugins/customisations. However, the Miscellaneous link I've provided includes a section about backup if you want ot 'play safe'
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote