Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
[SOLVED] Prefer viewing PDF when I have EPUB & PDF of a book?

Is there any way for View to prefer PDF when I have EPUB & PDF of a book?

So when I press V it opens PDF rather than EPUB.

Plugin or Preference?

Calibre: 3.29

Thanks

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 08-13-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: SOLVED
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
Is there any way for View to prefer PDF when I have EPUB & PDF of a book?

So when I press V it opens PDF rather than EPUB.

Plugin or Preference?

Calibre: 3.29

Thanks
The viewer uses the preferred (output) format from Preferences: Behavior
You can only have 1 preferred format, but devices allow for ordering the priority of acceptable formats

But instead of using "V" (view), use Alt-V (view specific format),
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!

Actually, viewer seems to use preferred (input) format. Putting PDF above EPUB in that list worked a treat. My preferred (output) is still set to EPUB.

I'd rather not use Alt+V as it involves two extra steps (choosing PDF in alert and then confirming).

SOLVED

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 08-13-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: SOLVED
Old 08-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@gingerbeardman - You could also assign an Open With option for PDF and give it a keyboard shortcut. FX: I have PDF-XChange assigned to open PDFs with Ctrl+Shift+P as its shortcut.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
gingerbeardman
Zealot

Sure, I just don't want to have to think "what format is this?" I just want V to open it.

All sorted now though!
Advert
Old 08-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@gingerbreadman - IIRC when you do a conversion the Input format will default to the highest format available according to the Behaviour->Preferred input format order: list. For me at least, PDF would be the least preferred format for conversion input.

But that said, I thought the answer given by theducks was correct, i.e. -

Quote:
"The viewer uses the preferred (output) format from Preferences: Behavior"
But I just tested it, and 'V' does indeed use the first available format from the Preferred input format order: list.

So, either it changed or he and I have have the same memory fault

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, pdf, view