Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-31-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
FREE/BARGAIN - Non-Fiction - 2016

A thread for 2016:

We point out free and bargain Non-Fiction titles to each other. Please don't post any self-published books*, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

*Unless you have read them yourself, think they are excellent, and you're not connected to the author in any way.
----------------
Link to Last Year's Thread
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
FREE Pdf Ebook from the Royal Geographical Society about Long-Distance Bicycling.

The Royal Geographical Society, in London, England, kindly offers an assortment of free expeditions and fieldwork ebooks.

Being on the subject that they are, most of these ebooks would be of interest only to a very limited number of people. This ebook is one that I felt might have the broadest appeal of all of those. While it specifically addresses bicycle expeditions, much of the information would be valuable to someone who is doing any kind of long-distance bicycle trip.

Title: Bicycle Expeditions: Planning, Equipping and Undertaking Long Distance Expeditions by Bicycle.
Format: Pdf.
Author(s): Paul Vickers.
Publisher: Expedition Advisory Centre, Royal Geographical Society
Pages: 38.
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews (Amazon): N/A.
Price: $0.00.
Lowest Price at Amazon if available there: N/A.
Book Description (Amazon): N/A.
Comments:
URL: http://www.rgs.org/NR/rdonlyres/FB2D...A7A/0/bike.pdf (direct).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-01-2016 at 12:37 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are a number of self-help titles on sale on Kindle today:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?node=8089699011
Old 01-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
There are a number of self-help titles on sale on Kindle today:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?node=8089699011
Thanks. Great find.

The webpage for Food Over Forks has a couple of freebie recipes. There's one for Mushroom Stroganoff (yum!) and Tofu sour cream (bleck!).

I'm an omnivore, though, so I do wish that some of the recipes in the book had some meat in them.

If you're thinking about buying the book, I recommend that you look over the 1-star reviews. They changed my mind about buying it.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-01-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:19 PM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Potentially Save $131.20! FREE Pdf of the Vault Guide to the Case Interview.

Vault, Inc.'s motto is "the most trusted name in career information." I don't know about the veracity of Vault's claim, but I can tell you that they do publish career information. This book is one of their publications.

Title: Vault Guide to the Case Interview.
Format: Pdf.
Author(s): Mark Asher, Eric Chung, and the Staff of Vault.
Publisher: Vault, Inc.
Pages: xv + 231.
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews (Amazon): 4.0 (2); not rated at GoodReads, but the previous edition (2007) is rated 3.60 (5).
Price: $0.00.
Lowest Price at Amazon if available there: Paperback--$7.74 (used, acceptable); $131.20 (new).
Book Description (Amazon):
This best-selling guide provides the skinny on business frameworks, sample cases, guesstimates, brainteasers, and more! The Guide inclides [sic] more than 50 actual case interviews, guesstimates, brainteasers and other consulting interview cases. It also covers important framewoeks [sic] inclusing [sic] Porter's Five Forces, the capital asset pricing model (CAPM), the BCG Matrix, the four P's, and the four C's.
Comments: This is the 2008 edition. The book was made possible by the support of Gallup and Mitchell Madison Group, Global Management Consultants.
URL: http://www.cgu.edu/Include/drucker/c...Interviews.pdf.
Advert
Old 01-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Fake guac made with soybeans. Some of the recipes were a bit weird (as are many hard-core vegan recipes that are trying to be some other food, I've found). I decided to pass, as well.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Fake guac made with soybeans. Some of the recipes were a bit weird (as are many hard-core vegan recipes that are trying to be some other food, I've found). I decided to pass, as well.

Why would they want to tell you how to make fake guac with soybeans? Are avocados not vegetable enough? Yeah, the book looked good at first (it had very high average ratings, for some reason), but the complaints of the 1-star reviewers turned me against it. Your comments kept me from having any non-buyer's remorse (there's such a thing as buyer's remorse, but people who don't buy experience remorse, too, if they change their minds. So, I'm calling it "non-buyers remorse" ha).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-01-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:34 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Why would they want to tell you how to make fake guac with soybeans? Are avocados not vegetable enough? Yeah, the book looked good at first (it had very high average ratings, for some reason), but the complaints of the 1-star reviewers turned me against it. Your comments kept me from having any non-buyer's remorse (there's such a thing as buyer's remorse, but people who don't buy experience remorse, too, if they change their minds. So, I'm calling it "non-buyers remorse" ha).
Especially if the price jumps back up to $20 or so.

I don't think I'll miss this one, tho.

The fake guac recipe was about avoiding fat. But guac is good fat and you'd be better off removing soy from your diet (so, the anti-forks-over-table diet, perhaps?), to get the estrogen like hormones out of your food (esp. for kids).
Old 01-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
<snip>
The fake guac recipe was about avoiding fat. But guac is good fat and you'd be better off removing soy from your diet (so, the anti-forks-over-table diet, perhaps?), to get the estrogen like hormones out of your food (esp. for kids).
Ah . . . .

You should write a cookbook. I'd buy it.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
If Koland wants to do a cookbook, I can find some recipes for it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #11
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
If Koland wants to do a cookbook, I can find some recipes for it.
I second that but they will not be vegetarian or low/no fat.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #12
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I second that but they will not be vegetarian or low/no fat.
I like the way that you think.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #13
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, is it settled? Koland will write a cookbook?

We could make it a Mobileread project. Why there are people on this site across all of the different forums and threads who could do everything necessary to produce it! They can proofread it, publish it (in every ebook format known to man) . . . . why there are even people who could translate it into several different languages! It woud be the first Mobileread-published ebook! I am so excited!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:20 PM   #14
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I like the way that you think.
GtrsRGgr8 I could not fix a skillet of cornbread low-fat or no-fat. But then cornbread should be smothered & covered in real butter with cracklings baked inside. Made out of yellow cornmeal with a touch of sugar for sweetness.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:26 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
KyBunnies,
The secret to cornbread is you must have a seasoned cast iron skillet. It also helps if you have bacon grease and a paper towel to add a thin layer of bacon grease then heat up the pan while mixing the cornbread.
Oops misread your post.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote