Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How easy is it to find the annotations file that goes with a given eBook? Is it named the same? I'd like to delete the annotations file when I plug in the H2O so I don't end up with a lot of obsolete files.
They are in the directory "Digital Editions/Annotations". Under that it is same path as the book with the extension "annot" added on the end.
Quote:
Shall I put a note in the plugins thread for the annotation file to be deleted?
If you want, but I'll eventually remember it. I suspect this is a "hide from the the in-laws during Christmas" task.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:21 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
They are in the directory "Digital Editions/Annotations". Under that it is same path as the book with the extension "annot" added on the end.

If you want, but I'll eventually remember it. I suspect this is a "hide from the the in-laws during Christmas" task.
Would you like to make if a Chanukah present instead? That would mean it gets done sooner as Chanukah is on the night of the 16th and given that I am Jewish, that would be good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Oh, I've deleted the annotations now, which consisted of 17 dog ears and two highlights.

Do you still have them on the Glo copy that I gave you?
Yes, it is definitely something in the annotations. I put the annotations file onto the Glo, opened the book and turned to the page. And I'm back at the home screen with a finished book.

I haven't looked at the actual annotations file to try and work out which it is. That will have to wait for tomorrow. Or whenever I finish some changes to the utilities plugin. And no Jon, you are not getting a Chanukah present. If your lucky, that will be done while I'm avoiding the Boxing Day test.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #64
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
... while I'm avoiding the Boxing Day test.
Not a cricket fan?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #65
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Weird. PC Desktop app is updated but no sign of updating on the device. And now I can't eject with the desktop app.
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #66
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Both methods do the same thing. The device removes all trace of the book from the database, but doesn't remove the annotations file. The calibre driver does the same thing. I have deliberately kept the delete in the driver the same as the firmware.

There does need to be some clean-up. I'll add to my todo list for the utilities plugin an function to clean-up the annotations directory. I already have an function to clean-up any orphaned cover images, so it won't be hard to do. When is another matter.
Also remember the different behaviour between kepubs and epubs mixed with deletion through either device GUI or Calibre we discussed some time ago.

I mean that within kepubs annotations are automatically deleted if you use the eReader GUI. But they aren't if you delete the books from Calibre.

IMO the Calibre driver (or the extended one) should be also modified in order to mimic the device behaviour. Or even better with an option to automatically delete annotations or not as desired by the user when deleting books from the eReader.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Also remember the different behaviour between kepubs and epubs mixed with deletion through either device GUI or Calibre we discussed some time ago.

I mean that within kepubs annotations are automatically deleted if you use the eReader GUI. But they aren't if you delete the books from Calibre.

IMO the Calibre driver (or the extended one) should be also modified in order to mimic the device behaviour. Or even better with an option to automatically delete annotations or not as desired by the user when deleting books from the eReader.
My memory was that the driver did delete the bookmarks from the database. But checking the code, if doesn't. Do you remember where the discussion was? I can't think of why I didn't fix it at the time and hopefully I said something or reading it will remind me.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #68
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
My memory was that the driver did delete the bookmarks from the database. But checking the code, if doesn't. Do you remember where the discussion was? I can't think of why I didn't fix it at the time and hopefully I said something or reading it will remind me.
It has taken a while, but I've found it. Ir was in your Kobo utilities thread. Here you say you'll actually fix it sometime.

Some posts later you describe your possible implementation of the complementary "annotation cleaning" enhancement on Kobo Utils
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
It has taken a while, but I've found it. Ir was in your Kobo utilities thread. Here you say you'll actually fix it sometime.
Thanks, and it does have a reason. Sort of. I'll get it done in the next couple of days.
Quote:
Some posts later you describe your possible implementation of the complementary "annotation cleaning" enhancement on Kobo Utils
I had completely forgotten about that discussion. That will be good for when I do this.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #70
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Maybe my mind is playing with me (it would not be the first time) but I remembered vaguely that there was an option to enlarge the cover to fullsize when in sleep mode, but it can't find it back ??
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:58 AM   #71
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Maybe my mind is playing with me (it would not be the first time) but I remembered vaguely that there was an option to enlarge the cover to fullsize when in sleep mode, but it can't find it back ??
That option is present on my 3.12.0
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #72
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
That option is present on my 3.12.0
Then I need better glasses because I can't find it anymore
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #73
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Then I need better glasses because I can't find it anymore
It's in Settings -> Sleep and Power -> Screensaver -> Show book Covers Full Screen.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #74
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
I just patched my device, and I'm very happy with the changes. Thanks for the good instructions. I especially like the fine-tuning of the brightness control. I was always having trouble setting the light at the lowest setting at night.

Is there any way to make the header smaller? I didn't see many customization options in the patch files. I usually only use kepubs. I successfully made the footer smaller, but there seemed to be more options for that.
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by judith009 View Post
I just patched my device, and I'm very happy with the changes. Thanks for the good instructions. I especially like the fine-tuning of the brightness control. I was always having trouble setting the light at the lowest setting at night.
I use 7% at night in bed to read in the dark. It's just enough light to read with without overly bothering my wife.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote