Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Gray Eminence
eBook Designer
Gray Eminence began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650 / NookGlow / Paperwhite / iPad / AsusTransformer
Challenge : 130 pages paragraph

Hello,

A nice challenge for the pro of the code.

I do have a 130 pages paragraph, so I'm not supposed to cut that in sections to respect the author idea.
Unfortunatlly, that section is so big that most readers just die on that ePub.

Any idea to cut that paragraph in section without any visible effect for the reader, whatever text size/police is used ?

Thanks in advance,
GE
Gray Eminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'm afraid it's not possible.

Whenever you split the text in two files, I don't know of any reader that does not show a page break at the split. Even within a single file, for a long (2-3 pages) paragraph, Adobe-based readers will insert spurious page breaks.

The most you can do is split at sensible places, and make sure the text starts with no top margin and no indent.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Gray Eminence
eBook Designer
Gray Eminence began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650 / NookGlow / Paperwhite / iPad / AsusTransformer
Thank you for your answer

There is no such place to cut it, unfortunatelly.

Is there no special hidden code around to place a page break ONLY if a page is ending, something interactive upon screen size/police size?

I can dream but ....
Gray Eminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
No, there's no such code (that I know).

I suggest you just create your 130-page-paragraph file and let the readers (the devices) choke on that. The readers (the users) can always try to convert it to something else.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I think I would I would worry more about the reader than the feelings of the writer. If this is how he writes he will not have any readers and will cease to be a writer. 130 pages just about one idea or thought...not likely.
Break it where it makes sense to you. Reminds me of The Flaxfields where the author instead of simply saying everyone was bored spends 40 pages make the reader bored.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert