Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 05:28 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The jail break also survives the downgrade step.
Its operation does not depend on the relative firmware version numbers.

Of course, it does no harm to re-install it.

Last edited by knc1; 08-09-2017 at 05:38 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #17
wxkingcisc
wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The jail break also survives the downgrade step.
Its operation does not depend on the relative firmware version numbers.

Of course, it does no harm to re-install it.
Yeah, I did the re-install just because I have the guide on my hand and followed it all over again. It's a very useful method that Coplate provided.

By the way, is there any way to prevent Kindle from auto-upgrade when it's connected to internet? I kept the wifi off as long as I can just want to make sure the upgrade does not happen.
wxkingcisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #18
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxkingcisc View Post
Yeah, I did the re-install just because I have the guide on my hand and followed it all over again. It's a very useful method that Coplate provided.

By the way, is there any way to prevent Kindle from auto-upgrade when it's connected to internet? I kept the wifi off as long as I can just want to make sure the upgrade does not happen.
See step 7 in the first post in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877

In addition to creating this directory on my kindle I created a sub-directory within it and then a file within that directory and made them all read-only.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #19
wxkingcisc
wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
See step 7 in the first post in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877

In addition to creating this directory on my kindle I created a sub-directory within it and then a file within that directory and made them all read-only.

Dave
Thanks very much, I've read this thread many times can't believe that I missed this
wxkingcisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, kindle, linkfonts, oasis