Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
firebird
firebird began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Nookdevs down??

I wanted to try softrooting my nook, but when I attempt to connect to nookdevs.com I keep getting an unable to connect message. What's up?

I really want to be able to organize my sideloaded content and am tired of waiting on B&N to come out with an update to give us folders - if they ever will.
I'm a total newb at computer stuff and need a handholding, idiot-proof, step-by-step tutorial for softrooting. Does anyone know if there is such a thing available and where online it is? Is there any hope for softrooting if nookdevs.com is toast?

Thanks!
firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Wait a few days. It's not the first time, the website is down. There's no well-paid server... ;-)
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by :D ominik View Post
Wait a few days. It's not the first time, the website is down. There's no well-paid server... ;-)
there are web hosting companies now offering hosting for couple of bucks a month now with way more than 99% downtime
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

What keeps you from doing it?
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by :D ominik View Post
What keeps you from doing it?
lack of spare time...

I'm just suggesting an alternative. I never understood why people choose to put together a dedicated physical server and run it out of their home network when hosting is so cheap these days

alternatively googlecode has wiki too
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Disconnect
Disconnect began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
lack of spare time...

I'm just suggesting an alternative. I never understood why people choose to put together a dedicated physical server and run it out of their home network when hosting is so cheap these days

alternatively googlecode has wiki too
FWIW I grabbed the bits and pieces of the wiki that I could find in google cache and stuck them at nookdevs.andblogs.net
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
spec
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
FWIW I grabbed the bits and pieces of the wiki that I could find in google cache and stuck them at nookdevs.andblogs.net
Thanks for that. FYI There's a lot more pages in the cache than copied to your page. like 'Wireshark Dump' as an example...

nookdevs is still down....
Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
paymerich
paymerich began at the beginning.

Can we all chip in a buck or two to get them a real hosted server ? Anyone have a copy of the Pandora app ? also does anyone have a sample blank Android app for making your own program ?
paymerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
spec
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymerich View Post
Can we all chip in a buck or two to get them a real hosted server ? Anyone have a copy of the Pandora app ? also does anyone have a sample blank Android app for making your own program ?
Where do you get this pricing. Sorry I never used Pandora. For sample blank Android app - I dont think such template exists for nook (but it would be a good idea to have a hello world app for nook). I would check out nookdevs @googlecode and check out their apps as examples.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #10
Disconnect
Disconnect began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
Thanks for that. FYI There's a lot more pages in the cache than copied to your page. like 'Wireshark Dump' as an example...

nookdevs is still down....
It is coming back up (reportedly) and as far as the cache, I took what I could get. He was singularly uninterested in the help, so I'm not going to bother next time, but the important stuff (softrooting and the file mirrors) were up.
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
spec
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
It is coming back up (reportedly) and as far as the cache, I took what I could get. He was singularly uninterested in the help, so I'm not going to bother next time, but the important stuff (softrooting and the file mirrors) were up.
well... nookdevs is still down... lotsa smart people contributed a lot of valuable knowledge to that website and it would be a shame if it all was just gone
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
spec
Zealot

nookdevs.com is back up