Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
Weird Error

I've had my Cybook for over a year now with no problems. I plug it into my Vista 64 PC today and it freezes up Computer and nothing will fix it. Then I try it on my XP laptop and it will boot but it reports as 2 different removable devices. One as the Cybook and one as removable storage with 0k space. Any ideas?
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
This sounds more like a problem with your Vista-PC, did you sucessfully try other USB-devices?

The way it shows up on XP is correct, 2 removable devices - 1x internal memory, 1x memorycard.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #3
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I've had my Cybook for over a year now with no problems. I plug it into my Vista 64 PC today and it freezes up Computer and nothing will fix it. Then I try it on my XP laptop and it will boot but it reports as 2 different removable devices. One as the Cybook and one as removable storage with 0k space. Any ideas?
You used Cybook with Vista 64 without problems so far? Try to check internal storage and SD card for errors.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Demented
Connoisseur

I don't have an SD card installed though.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I use Vista 32, and it detects the SD card slot too, even if it's empty !
The same if I plug my Samsung Omnia, it detects its disk AND its microSD slot.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Demented
Connoisseur

Ok, I seemed to have determined my issue. I had recently moved and arranged my PC in a different position. This left the only easy access to my USB ports in the front. If I plug the damn thing into the rear ports it works fine. I must have never tried it in the front ports since I built it in November.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I don't have an SD card installed though.
You still get a "drive" mounted for the SD card slot regardless of whether or not you have a card in it, just as you would for any other card reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Ok, I seemed to have determined my issue. I had recently moved and arranged my PC in a different position. This left the only easy access to my USB ports in the front. If I plug the damn thing into the rear ports it works fine. I must have never tried it in the front ports since I built it in November.
That's a very common issue. Very often, PCs have some ports connected directly to the USB controller, and others going via an internal "hub", and the device shows up on the former but not the latter.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote